Hockey puck seal driver

400ex killer

Supporting Member
Forum Supporter
Nov 8, 2016
I don’t know if this will help anyone but I was having trouble driving my crank seal in with out deforming it or driving it in uneven. This is mostly to do with the fact I have the crank in the way. And if I had to smack it a little harder the socket would indent seal. I had a couple old but new hockey pucks laying around so I drilled one out and it put the seal in like butter. Plus it’s rubber on rubber so there were no marks. The final drill bit size was a 7/8 and it fit snug around the crank shaft (clutch side). I’d post pics but it says security issue for some reason.

92455258_515776922402870_6885310858751115264_n.jpg
92459016_696597697768210_6815489366421405696_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Awk08 and Slydog
I don’t know if this will help anyone but I was having trouble driving my crank seal in with out deforming it or driving it in uneven. This is mostly to do with the fact I have the crank in the way. And if I had to smack it a little harder the socket would indent seal. I had a couple old but new hockey pucks laying around so I drilled one out and it put the seal in like butter. Plus it’s rubber on rubber so there were no marks. The final drill bit size was a 7/8 and it fit snug around the crank shaft (clutch side). I’d post pics but it says security issue for some reason.
I've used alot of things to install seals. But haven't tryed that before.

Hey buddy, good to see ya still hangin around, not sure what the security warning on your pics are, message me a pic of this thing and I'll add it to your post, and sticky this thread for future reference

Pics added, stickied for future reference, and moved to engine section