New right sided crank seal still leaking

RyWonder

Jul 26, 2019
I know this has been covered many times, but I need some help with a Blaster’s right sided crank seal. I’m working on a 2006 blaster for my wife. It is all stock and never had any engine work. I discovered it had a bad right sided crank seal. Bought a new collar and seal for the right and replaced and went ahead and replaced the flywheel side as well. After leaking down to test, the right side is still leaking and looks the exact same as before I even changed it out. I know for a fact it is leaking from where the seal pairs to the collar not the collar to the crank. I’m just clueless what could be causing it to still leak with both the right seal and collar being brand new from Yamaha. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks

I did. Put a brand new collar on and seal and still leaked. Discovered though it was leaking too through the actual crank case where the halves meet to the combustion chamber as well. So I’m just breaking the whole thing down now and staring fresh.

Reactions: Awk08
Seal installed with writing facing out? Line the seal? I actually pack mine with grease, and grease seal lip & shaft
Yeah I did all that man. I’m putting a new crank and top end in it now after I discovered it was leaking through the case too, but I will update this post once I get back to putting in the seal. I just got done rebuilding my banshee from the ground up and I’ve never worked on a blaster before, but I gotta say the banshee has a few pieces to it but I think it’s way easier to work on. Especially bottom end lol

Reactions: Awk08