how to id an vitos 240cc cylender?

B S

Aug 5, 2012
im looking how to id an vitos 240cc big bore kit

was googleing it and came up with nothing

Externally a vito's BBK is nearly identical to a stock cylinder. The exception being that on the side of the intake window of a stock cylinder it either has "Y-1" or Y-2" cast in and the vito's doesn't. Other than that, you need the cylinder ID mic'd and to look down into the portwork. Stock cylinders can't be bored to 72mm and vito's cylinder have triple exhaust ports (albeit small undersized ones) where stock cylinders don't.

Externally a vito's BBK is nearly identical to a stock cylinder. The exception being that on the side of the intake window of a stock cylinder it either has "Y-1" or Y-2" cast in and the vito's doesn't. Other than that, you need the cylinder ID mic'd and to look down into the portwork. Stock cylinders can't be bored to 72mm and vito's cylinder have triple exhaust ports (albeit small undersized ones) where stock cylinders don't.

well i dont have it infront of me at the moment but i think its the stock one

cuz it says
2XJOO
195cm3

Believe it or not, vito's recast the 195cm3 into their cylinders too. Vitually the only external difference between a stock and vito's cylinder is the omission of the "Y serial" code on the intake window.

The BEST way to identify any suspected big bore engine is to pull the head off and measure and bore and stroke. That'll tell you what you NEED to know (big bore or not, stroker or not)

well its an vitos measures out at 71.93

it don't matter now the crank detonated on it
IMAG1814.jpg
IMAG1813.jpg

its trash at the moment

does vitos do resleaves?

or what is an parts engine worth if i were to ebay it?
the whole thing head, complete bottom end

Geezus!

That's garbage basically.... you can sell the side parts (stator, flywheel, clutch side components) but the center sections are probably ruined.

Vito's doesn't resleeve that I'm aware of but you can resleeve that cylinder if you want to.

BIG BORE CYLINDER KIT ::...

The sleeve is $130 and installation is usually $150.

well i guess im JUST lucky then :-/:-/
i olny paied $600 for 2 blasters

i bought an 92 project with a rebuilt engine
and this 03 blown up pos

at least it had SOME GOOD PARTS ON THE 03
FMF PIPE AND CHAMBER
VFORCE REEDS

You think thats bad?!?! ill sift through the pics on my computer and find the pics of when i blew my blaster up..It blew the piston apart, snapped the crank in two and sent the connecting rod backwards out the case by and it popped out right below the carb :/ scared the sh*t outta me!

You think thats bad?!?! ill sift through the pics on my computer and find the pics of when i blew my blaster up..It blew the piston apart, snapped the crank in two and sent the connecting rod backwards out the case by and it popped out right below the carb :/ scared the sh*t outta me!

Pics or it didn't happen lol

well its an vitos measures out at 71.93

it don't matter now the crank detonated on it
imag1814.jpg
imag1813.jpg

its trash at the moment

does vitos do resleaves?

Or what is an parts engine worth if i were to ebay it?
The whole thing head, complete bottom end

how the heck did this happen!!!!! Whats your oil mixture