how to fix blaster?

blasterboy4

Aug 7, 2012
well i was riding with my grandma today and i was going full speed in second gear then all the sudden i just heard like a metal dropping sound then it shut down. and now when i try to start it the kick starter wont move or anything? maybe some debris got in the mechanism and its causing it not to move??

umm whats the head and also whats the crank, sorry im new to atv's i just got this blaster a few days ago

you are in for a pretty expensive fix my friend. what all this means is a big piece of metal broke inside your motor and that piece of metal broke other pieces of metal. not a good day

you are in for a pretty expensive fix my friend. what all this means is a big piece of metal broke inside your motor and that piece of metal broke other pieces of metal. not a good day

well thats just great, o well ill just have my grandpa fix it. why do you think it broke?

Not necessarily...but not impossible either.

Pull the gas tank,seat,shroud,and the head is the cylinder head right on top of the engine where the spark plug goes.

You can also pull the carb and intake boot and look to see if the skirt broke or not.Hopefully all you did was torched a set of rings.

metal clanks from inside your motor are usually a dead giveaway for a broken piston skirt or rod. both will require engine work.

what are all the mods done to it and also do you mix the gas and do you still have oil injection?

it has full factory 7 exhaust thats what the old owner said it was and it has no airfilter lid and the old owner said mix the gas 25:1 so thats 25 cups of oil per gallon, and i dont have the oil injection thing anymore the old owner said he took it off

25 cups of oil to one gas i think it is 25 part gas and 1 part oil but there are endless possibilities you could have threw a rod blew up the piston or broke the piston skirt etc. etc. etc.