How To Change Transmission Oil

yeah, but don't use automotive oil, it burns your clutch up like crazy b/c it contains friction modifiers....

i like yamalube4 and BelRay Gear saver SAE 80 (i use the Bel ray sh*t, its great)

but nah.. no using 10w-30 automotive oil.. bad for your clutches and sh*t

so wait the crank case oil is the same fill hole for the transmission oil?

yes. don't use reduced friction or other crappy oil like that , since it's a wet clutch it may lead to slippage

what about honda trany oil it comes in a red bottle with measurements on the side and an easy to use point tip for pouring so no need for a funnel.. is that sh*t good or nah

amsoil does make a really good tranny oil for 2strokes, just got to get the right one see...

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx

See about halfway down...it contains no friction modifiers either, with that being said I still run BelRay in mine but everything thing else in my motors are Amsoil!!

i dont understand where everyone is getting these 10w/20w oils at ive always used the honda high performance 2 stroke gear oil. and its liek 80/85w. ive seen 10w 4 stroke motor oil, is that what u use?

Sort of new to this...

Well I have been riding for awile, but do very little in terms of my own work. I have been reading some DIY, and came across this one, but I have a question for you, before I go and do this on my 00' Blaster.

Q: My Blaster when I purchased it came with an oil-block-off-kit (I think that is what it is called), and I am unsure what types of service, like changing oil is different in my case.

Could you tell me, in terms of basic service and maintenance, what needs to be done differently on my Blaster?

Thanks

Oil block off kits blocks off the oil injection system. Only thing you have to do different is premix your gas yourself.

yes, you still have to use your transmition oil o_O if you don't you are screwed... the oil block off kit just blocks off the unreliable oil injector in the back (which you don't have) and you just have to premix your gas at 32:1 or 40:1 (with reg. 2stroke mixing oil) you still need to put transmition oil in the crank case

SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I DIDN"T DO THIS FLYERS!!!

i wouldnt use 10w-40. blaster service manual says 10w-30. i recommend clutch saver or yamalube. both work great

i might be off the wall about this but isnt 10w/40 for fourstroke cases.i always use belray gearsaver and always have..and i wouldnt trust some parts salesman to tell me what to use lol wtf they care if u reck ur tranny thats just more money in the shops pocket when u gotta go order parts..and i would never use regular motor oil holly sh*t u might aswell piss in your crankcase and say there run biotch....

Thank you guys very much! I appreciate it. can i get the belray gearsaver at a Harley dealer? i live in NY what type of store sells this? i went to autozone,pepboys, and looked at the atv dealer, i bought the yamalube from. none have it. i dont want to order it online and wait. any places that carry it in long island NY?