Stryder917

Jul 28, 2007
ElkCo, PA
ok
people
this
is
SIMPLE

just putting this up incase someone doesnt know blaster needs tranny oil (ive talked to people that didnt know this..they thought 2 strokes needd no tranny oil)

SO... i typically warm up my blaster for a few min, then i pull it on a flat, level surface...

then i get a wrench and take out the bolt on the bottom of the blaster, its kinda in the center of the crankcase almost...not hard to find lmao..

move your hand quickly if it is hot..cuz..that really sucks to get burnt
then typically while its draining into the oil pan, i go do something else for like 30 mins to an hour while it sits and drips for a while..

then i put the new oil in (i typically use yamalube4)

and i run it for a little bit, and let it cool, check the levels to make sure everything is good, then im set!

i know this seems like common sense sh*t, but some people REALLY dont know this..

ALSO I CHANGE MY OIL JUST ABOUT 2 MONTHS, SOMETIMES SOONER, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT THIS OFTEN, I JUST CHOOSE TO.

REGULARLY CHANGING UR TRANNY OIL CAN KEEP UR BLASTER ALIVE FOR A LONG TIME.

Good thing you posted this. Ive been stumped on how to do this for months. Ive just been running it dry all this time. lol

i personally like Yamalube4 for my tranny oil
uhh...some people i know use valvoline 10w30 synthetic oil...uhhm...i use yamalube4 though.so.. BUT THEN AGAIN, people will have different opinions on everything so... :\

yea yamalube 4 seems the right choice. 10w30 seems a little light weight for a motorcycle tranny.

It's good

I like Amsoil. Always been good to me. I use for the gas and I use the tranny sh*t, heavy duty stuff. I think picking a brand and staying it with it makes a diff. in the long run. So stay consistant.:-D

P.S. wet sump clutch has certain needs make sure you get the friction oil.:">

A

just don't get friction modifiers i hear they can screw ur tranny up

Last edited:
I use 20w 50 castrol. Thats what my local yamaha dealer says to use, but he is kind of a dumb ass so who knows, lol

how many times do i have to mention this, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE AUTOMOTIVE CRANKCASE OIL FOR YOUR TRANS, BE IT SYNTHETIC OR PETROLEUM BASED IT KONTAINS FRICTION MODIFIERS THAT BURN THE f*ck OUT OF YOUR CLUTCH... use 2 stroke crankcase oil specifically, the bottle should say right on it "For Use In Motorcycle Transmissions" thats it, deal done

P.S. if someone kan make the do not part even bigger for the visually impaired, please do so for me, thanks

Reactions: Bud Stephens
One more good thing to add would be how much oil you should add.i think its 650cm

Question, If you have a qt of yamalube how much of that qt would fill the crankcase??

Not to good with cm measurements.:">

Im looking to change mine soon and dont know how much would fill crankcase to full level, they say not to go by clear window.

Thanks for any help.

Ps ...great write up stryder

I got it.Its 22 oz.

I read some where its about 3\4 of a qt, .074 qt to be exact.
So 22oz sounds correct which I think would be about 3\4 of a qt if I had to guess being 32oz in a qt.

I hate liquid mesurements

ThanksI:I

Last edited by a moderator:
haha.. i blew my motor just the other day.. my whole crankcase and transmission was dry