How To Change Transmission Oil

need help!

i just went to the dealership an got oil well i was going to get yamalube cause thats what everyone suggested, but the atv guy said he would use gn4 4 stroke gear oil, cause it saves your clutch longer, well i do it, just got home put it in, an now my blaster is smoking like crazy, an not running right, need help please.....

yes i put it in the right place i have the block off kit... i think i might of put too much in it, the guy at the dealer ship said to put 3/4 of the quart, i dont think he knew what he was talkin about....?

no 3/4 quart is about right. there is a sight window that you should look at. it should be about 3/4 way up the sight window. when it get there, run the motor get the tranny going, and check it again. if its low add some more. do not fill more then 3/4 way up the sight window.

is it smoking out of the silencer? if so you may have a blown crank seal.

Lmao. dude thank god you posted this. Ive only ridden my blaster a couple of times, and for a 13 year old i guess you could say, "i know my sh*t". but apparently i dont cuz i had no idea, thank god ive only had my blaster a month and a half, and ridden it 3 times (f*cking peice that my uncle gave me). Yeah, she spends all her time in the local shops. So anyways how much oil do i put in? Ohh and if anyone wants the lowdown on dealerships in Southern MA i can let you know, :p lol.

Point of clarification. The service manual indicates:

0.7 Litres (0.74 US Quarts)

That is also roughly equal to 700 cubic centimeters (cm^3), or 23.7 (call it 24) ounces. 24oz/32oz per quart = 3/4 of a quart. Actually, it should be 0.739681 quarts....but 0.75 should do!

Also, 5.67E-7 acre-feet........

I was reading this and im just curious on the first post you said you warm up you blaster befor you drain the oil do you have to do that?? becuse i usally just drain it cold and refill it

Xblasterx420 the reason for heating the bike up before changing the oil is because the oil will heat up and drain easier and quicker. Oil gets thinner when it heats up. You don't necessarily have to do this but, I would recommend it.

Oil related question...how can I tell if I have an oil injection block off kit installed? I bought the bike from a friend of mine and he never modified it, but the guy before him could have.

Is it just me...or is the glass window idea a total piece of sh*t? I can't see WTF the level is at most times, got to clean it, half the time use a flashlight and of course it's back into the case a bit. I would kill for it to have a dipstick with markings! I know how much to add when I change it, but when ya just want to eyeball it and make sure everything is good....anyone have a good way to do it??

Yeah the whole blaster thing is new to me but anyways i went to my local yamaha shop and asked what would be the best oil to use in my gearbox and the guy gave me Bel-Ray Gear saver hypoid gear oil sae 80w-90 so that seems pretty thick but should i not use this sh*t and get the yamalube 4?