How big can a Blasty engine go?

'00 WO-YA!

Dec 5, 2011
In the Shenandoah Valley
Alright, I'm trying to gather a lil info. How much displacement can be had from a Blasty engine? I've seen bbk up to 265 & I've seen +4 stroker kits but I've never seen a bb stroker. I'm sure a custom piston could be built but I'd like to know what's off the shelf? Also, if it is possible, is it necessary to use a shim between the base & jug? In most applications the wrist pin is just moved in the piston but it seems to me that a shim could be used to keep port timing correct & still use a typical bb piston with the stroker. Hope I communicated this well enough, Lol!!!

this opens up a whole can of worms!

if you're wanting to go big, I'd go with the LA Sleeve BBK and a hotrods +4, but have the rod replaced with one that measures 115mm center to center. and have the custom machining/porting done to really make it work together.

this is IMO the ultimate blaster powerplant that keeps with the original blaster motor. This is going to take a pretty big budget, but it'll be a great, rip your arms off powerplant.

In any way as I have said over and over, build the suspension first, then work on the powerplant.

Depends on your budget and what kind of power your looking for.

IMO if I had no budget I'd go with a DT200 swap. Go DT240 big bore, ported and matched to the +4 stroker.
Makes 33 HP before the BB, porting, stroker.

LA sleeve BB cyl with the +4 ported and matched would be next in line.

Haven't seen a 265 in a while, pistons are on short supply for 240's so i doubt itd be easy getting one for 265 let alone an overbore.

(They made 310cc BB back in the day too)

^ Sexy machine in that sig! Back on topic, I'm 6'2" 230lbs, I've got a coupel of toys that I'll post up in the sig & Had a '95 Blasty (Purple/Black/Yellow) back in the day (wish I had it back)!
Anyway, with my size my Warrior fits me good & I have a spare Warrior chassis, my only gripe with the Warrior is it's underpowered, granted with a lil work it can pick up but I'll always love smokers. So, Blasty engines are plentiful & I was thinking of trying to build a big, nasty, large displacement setup that'll move the Warrior chassis. I honestly don't currently have a Blaster but I've been workin with the 2 that my 2 cousins have ALOT lately & I just have a hoot with em, hands down, Blaster is the best bang for the buck in the ATV world, jmho!

^ Sexy machine in that sig! Back on topic, I'm 6'2" 230lbs, I've got a coupel of toys that I'll post up in the sig & Had a '95 Blasty (Purple/Black/Yellow) back in the day (wish I had it back)!
Anyway, with my size my Warrior fits me good & I have a spare Warrior chassis, my only gripe with the Warrior is it's underpowered, granted with a lil work it can pick up but I'll always love smokers. So, Blasty engines are plentiful & I was thinking of trying to build a big, nasty, large displacement setup that'll move the Warrior chassis. I honestly don't currently have a Blaster but I've been workin with the 2 that my 2 cousins have ALOT lately & I just have a hoot with em, hands down, Blaster is the best bang for the buck in the ATV world, jmho!

Thanks bro appreciate it!

Id go a little more balls out if i was going to swap a 2 stroke in your warrior and look at maybe a dirtbike engine swap.

plenty of ridiculous power to be made with most of them and you will need it since the warriors quite a bit bigger than a blaster.

f it were me though id probably build the 350 thats in it.

Most of those 4 strokes run a pretty tame cam profile and a cam swap usually is like night and day.Then if youve got any other mods they are usually complimented by the swap.

I dont know what kind of riding you do but a simple sprocket swap could add a little pep in your warriors step too.

Arent the warrior 350's the same as raptor 350's?

Alright, I'm trying to gather a lil info. How much displacement can be had from a Blasty engine? I've seen bbk up to 265 & I've seen +4 stroker kits but I've never seen a bb stroker. I'm sure a custom piston could be built but I'd like to know what's off the shelf? Also, if it is possible, is it necessary to use a shim between the base & jug? In most applications the wrist pin is just moved in the piston but it seems to me that a shim could be used to keep port timing correct & still use a typical bb piston with the stroker. Hope I communicated this well enough, Lol!!!

i run a +3 stroked airsal bbk, but the displacement only comes out to 237.5cc with the 71mm airsal bbk. IMO the +4 crank is overrated.. both of these blasters are powered by vitos +3's and there aint a +4 that can touch em. size dont matter (lol) quality porting and proper setup is where u make power I:I

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really like to come across another YZ465 parts bike with a running engine or atleast a repairable engine. I have an '80 that's a pretty good solid bike but I really don't wanna pull the engine from it to put on another project. I've thought about a YZ250 engine but some people even say they think that's a lil on the small size. I figure part of the Warrior's weight issues are the engine itself man, it's huge, side by side on the floor with a Blasty engine it dwarfs it, gotta have atleast 20lbs or more on the Blasty engine, not counting the starter & stuff. I have some stuff for the running Warrior that I have, cam, springs, etc, just need that jug bored & gonna go 12:1 with it. The plans I'm talkin about in this thread are for a spare chassis I have.

Yeah yz 465 needs to stay together would be cool on quad but I like the dirtbike its cool an vintage!! Man u should look for a blaster roller we got rims wiring coils stators haha arms swinger etc...

I might have to do that, I'ma see how I like yours with the swinger & then maybe try to find me a '03-'06, somethin with hydro's to slow my chunky butt down, lol! + I kinda dig the "Predator" alien look, lol!

Not a four stroke!!!!!! Get a lt 250 trx 250r anything lol jk man scoobs banshee would spank dwyanes a** all acrossed the yard an his predator is decked out..an if ur going to pay the money for the predator man get a carb yfz 450

I might have to do that, I'ma see how I like yours with the swinger & then maybe try to find me a '03-'06, somethin with hydro's to slow my chunky butt down, lol! + I kinda dig the "Predator" alien look, lol!

a yz250 motor will put out the same amount stock as your usual built big bore blaster motor. then you can start modding it up and have a really killer motor. I think that for the money invested this may be the best way to a killer yami-mutt

+ for me I'd be doing the swap to a Warrior chassis. It might have a lil more room to work with but for sure it's still gonna be a handfull of work.

BLASTY 95, I wasn't referring to the Predator 500 Polaris, I was saying that I dig the "Predator" alien look of the '03-'06 Blaster machines, it's really grown on me & I like the fact that Yamaha upgraded the brakes on those models, other than that, same great bike!

Ohh lol the different hood duh yeah I like it but no purple ones some I'm stuck in 1994 lol na I don't mind the purple now that its getting a little faster!