HONDA 450R 2006

blasternoob

Feb 7, 2008
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
My brother rides a Blasty right now but he's too big for it. He's been wanting to upgrade to the YFZ450, but we've found a Super deal on a Honda 450R that can't be passed up. What have you guys heard about these quads??

Their hondas!! Enough said, no for real they are a real solid machine, they had a few swingarm and frame issues in 05 that Im aware of but that was only a problem for people really airing them out real high continuously.

the honda will last forever is not true. these 450's are all drama queens. if you don't keep up to date maintance on them they will fall apart. and when something does break, it aint cheap to fix.

Very nice quad. I am a Yamaha guy as most are, but the Hondas are still a decent quad especially if its a killer price !

Thanks for all the input. An 06' for $2500! It still literally has the price-tag hanging on the handle bar from when they bought it new. (Upper management at a company all decided to buy quads but some never even road them.... :) )

I would buy it! Hell, if the engine is no good you can pick up another for a little over $1000. Still would be cheaper then most people are getting o5's for. jmo

were do i start, lol

the 04-05 are a different beast that the 06- 08 i got a 04.

the only issues the 06 450 had was some bad tranny issues, some not all.

04-05 had crank bearing failyers.

if you do buy it, get the HRC kit and put it in, cut the green cdi wire and hang on. you will be more than happy and might sell that blasty, lol.

im here ta tell you from first hand expierence...if you drop enough money into those bitches...you can beat jus about anything...i jus got smoked a couple days ago on my shee by one of those...so...i havent ridin one but they can be super fast

dont do no hcr bullshit makes them fast but unreliable bro starts his first kick and his bud sits their for 10 minutes just buy the 450r drop to a 13t front sprocket so it doesnt stahl all the time and ur good for trails

im here ta tell you from first hand expierence...if you drop enough money into those bitches...you can beat jus about anything...i jus got smoked a couple days ago on my shee by one of those...so...i havent ridin one but they can be super fast

True man but didnt he put like over 6grand on it ? i thought you said that in a thread. put 6 grand in that banshee and you will sh*t on that thing next time! lol