here are some of my recent projects

CHutzell

Jul 15, 2009
heres some of my RDs and stuff,i have an RZ frame there also.

The yellow bike is my cafe racer,i was chases down by 3 pagans on that thing this past weekend lol.The RZ is going to be a track bike,ive got a set of stock stroke cheetah cylinders im using for that build with +4mm crank.

The red and white bike is another old RD im fitting another RZ engine into with the stock cylinders,zeel programmable cdi with programmable PV controller and dynatek coil,once its done it should be pretty nasty aswell.

The picture of the blaster frame is the bike me and mike(conquest)are building for busco this year,these are all 3 or 4 month old pictures ive probibly taken off another 10 pounds from it since then.Im fabbing up an aluminum subframe for it aswell.

The last picture is where most of my porting tools are housed,that 1 drawer is holding around 2800$ worth of handpieces and carbide,most of the larger carbides are custom sizes and shapes for the larger cylinder heads i do

i will get some more updated pictures tommorow

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 157
Nice stuff, man! I'm not very familiar with the old RD's...They use an earlier, air-cooled version of the RZ's well-known 350, liquid cooled engine, right? I wonder how many of these are still out there...

yes the old RDs and TDs are the predecessors to the RZ and banshee engines

theres not alot of those old RDs around anymore,when i find one i try and buy it up,those and the old kawi H2s.All the stuff they make in the 60s and 70s were so cool

^Sweet, yeah things were great before the EPA came around and screwed it all up. Shoot, I have a newer 1987 Kawasaki 305 (4-stroke), and even after the 70's were over, the engineering on this thing is still so simple and well-thought out. Its put together in such a way that just about anyone can work on it. Then came the 2000's and the end of the 2-stroke era altogether.

Too bad we don't see more of these old 2-strokes. I really want a Kawasaki 2-stroke triple. A guy around here had a running one on CL for $ 1,000 ahile back. If I had had the cash at the time, I woulda snatched it up.

This is the rd i got for free and fixed up and sold it. Didnt take much to make it a runner. But the electronics are tricky. The starter is actually inside the motor on this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks almost like an R5 with the tank badges and front drum brakes on there,but definately nice bike!What did you end up sellin it for?Alot of collectors would like that it looks all original

took a couple more pictures today of the drag frame with amock up engine.Getting ready to make the subframe,also making aluminum footpegs and a 3/4 gallon aluminum tank for it aswell.The pegs will thread directly into the frame to save even more weight,i bet we will probibly save 10 pounds by not using the stock pegs.

the last picture is just degreeing the RZ engine stock ports,after all the transfer porting and crankcase porting is done i will then check the CCV

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 118
yea +6,we want that thing as light as possible,probibly going to run a shock in the rear.I got mike on a cabbage diet right now tryin to cut weight too lol.