Has this happen 2 U

tippmann98

Apr 16, 2008
St.Charles MO
I could use some serious help I have a 1991 blaster bored 20 over I paid 500 for. My problem is I will be driving and some times it will spit and spudder and other times it will seem like its comeing out of gear or im pulling the clutch? Could this be the shifting forks im clueless, please help. Oh I recently put on a new clutch cable fyi.

it sounds like mine how it was acting yesterday... take off ur clutch cover side abnd check your adjustment on ur pressure plate and also check ur shifting star.. cuz mine both came loose and out of adjustment and mine kept acting like it was popping out of gear and slipping

Hey guys, dont mean to hijack the thread but i have a question to ask. When i hammer down on the throttle, the engine revs like it goes faster but it stays the same speed. I switch the gears and the same thing happens once it reaces the power band. Are those signs of clutch slippage or an internal tranny problem?

Hey guys, dont mean to hijack the thread but i have a question to ask. When i hammer down on the throttle, the engine revs like it goes faster but it stays the same speed. I switch the gears and the same thing happens once it reaces the power band. Are those signs of clutch slippage or an internal tranny problem?

You have clutch slippage and the more they slip the faster they wear out.
Also the tippman, make sure your cable is adjusted correctly since you just put it on.

You have clutch slippage and the more they slip the faster they wear out.
Also the tippman, make sure your cable is adjusted correctly since you just put it on.

The cable was not adjusted properly. I found out there is supposed to be about an inch of play in the handle. So I adjusted it accordingly and that did it thanks for all the help.

Rite on bro, thanx for the follow up
thumbsup2.gif

just goes to show you how simple problems like that can be fixed, mine started doing that and i took the clutch plate off, and come to find out the boss basket slipped off the shaft, and it chewed up the gear in the back of that basket. so just be glad that wasnt the problem, but if you need any performance parts look me up im parting out mine. all kinds of race sh*t.

just goes to show you how simple problems like that can be fixed, mine started doing that and i took the clutch plate off, and come to find out the boss basket slipped off the shaft, and it chewed up the gear in the back of that basket. so just be glad that wasnt the problem, but if you need any performance parts look me up im parting out mine. all kinds of race sh*t.

Before I found out the problem I took off the crankcase cover to inspect the goodies and seen nothing wrong cept the guy who did the oil block off didnt remove the plastic gear so i took that out of there. Im good on parts for now its plenty fast for me. but thanks