Clutch replacement questions

gregorys

Oct 28, 2019
This is my first time replacing a clutch, i've spent some time search and I am getting mixed answers LOL.

I have just a few questions.........

The initial problem was I would let the clutch all the way out and the atv would just crawl, like just barley pull itself forward with half throttle...

In pulling apart, I am wondering how do I tell if I need a new basket or boss? There doesn't seem to be slop when turning it by hand.

Also, is there a way to get the inner ball bearing out to check the other side of the rod? The front rod has a small divet from wear, would it be a good idea to replace it?

I plan on order this kit, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SRMFKV6/?tag=jyj356j5-20

I have read where many times, people install them in the incorrect order or forget the one of the pieces, should this kit have everything needed? (I won't need any parts from the orignal cluch)?

Thanks for the help, this is all new to me....

clutch3.jpg clutch2.jpg Clutch.jpg

The Tusk kit has proven to be a good replacement !
it includes everything needed except the oil, I prefer Mobile1 4T for wet clutches.
soak the new fibers in your chosen oil overnight before assembly.
if the kit includes an extra fiber, discard the thinner stock fiber and wave washer and use the full size fiber included in the kit.
some kits include an extra full fiber to replace that thin one and wave washer, some don't. it goes in the second from back position.
alternate the outer tabs on the steels by 2-3 slots clockwise as your install them.

you could replace the rod, the other side will be fine, it doesn't spin. but there should be enough adjustment to overcome the divot.

adjust to align the pointer with raised notch on case
18901-71faf45eeadec58d7ff874476edcb3b9.jpg

and align the dots on basket and pressure plate
24201-3df8ed0e0fdc60295c074dca21f18fbe.jpg

Heavy grooves on the basket fingers could require replacement, but light grooves can be filed off, I don't see anything heavy in the pics.
other than that it all looks fine

cl.jpg