Grinding and starting issues

DBinstallations

Mar 22, 2015
I have a 02 blaster it was running ok until yesterday I went up the road and it stalled when I let off of being flat out and wouldn't start back up again now it sounds like it's grinding when kicked and every now and again fires and stalls. Checked the piston and is fine if I take the plug out it kicks over smooth as soon as I put the plug in it grinds again.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I took the piston out piston rings and bore are perfect. The con rod moves up and down fine no movement in the bearing either.

Br8es plug.
The grinding sounds like it's coming from the clutch lever side. It's hard to kick over and when it tries to fire it really kicks back on your foot.
I've put the cylinder head back together now but there are no marks or scores on the piston ore bore. The rings are all intact and look ok. I put the piston into the cylinder off the bike and it slides in and out ok too.

If you are tallking about the shifter side it may pay to pull that cover and investigate. Perhaps one of the pick ups came off inside of the flywheel. You will need a flywheel puller to get the flywheel off, there is no other way.