Got my first blaster

What is a good premix to go with 32:1? I do have a new set of reeds from another motor I could put on there too. I'll do a leak test when I get some time to build one and check the reeds and everything, thanks again guys!! I appreciate it.

Most people choose 32-1 for their premix ratio, although I along with a handful of other people mix at 40-1. Either or will usually work good as long as you jet accordingly ! Being that everything is stock I would go with 32-1as less oil in the mix tends to require a smaller main jet and I believe the 230 is the smallest size main you can get for the stock mikuni carb.

I just noticed last time I looked at the carbs, one is setup for the tors removal but it needs a cap. What cap do I get for it? I don't care if it's a stock carb cap or aftermarket as long as it's functional and not overly expensive.

to do a tors removal cap requires a cap, cable and idle screw kit..........

Motion Pro Tors Throttle Kit Fits Yamaha Blaster YFS 200 1988 2006 | eBay

i see you bought a tap/die kit, so just the screw itself is needed......
Motion Pro Idle Mixture Screw Brass Gold Iridited Yamaha Idle Screw Only Each | eBay

or,

this kit comes with everything needed including the cable, cap, drill/tap and screw.........
Blaster Tors Eliminator Kit w Idle Screw Kit 88 2006 | eBay

idle screw install.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-idle-screw-install-22174/

Last edited by a moderator:
to do a tors removal cap requires a cap, cable and idle screw kit..........

Motion Pro Tors Throttle Kit Fits Yamaha Blaster YFS 200 1988 2006 | eBay

i see you bought a tap/die kit, so just the screw itself is needed......
Motion Pro Idle Mixture Screw Brass Gold Iridited Yamaha Idle Screw Only Each | eBay

or,

this kit comes with everything needed including the cable, cap, drill/tap and screw.........
Blaster Tors Eliminator Kit w Idle Screw Kit 88 2006 | eBay

idle screw install.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-idle-screw-install-22174/

I understand that, I have a carb all setup with an idle screw already installed. I just need to know what cap to get so I don't have to buy a whole kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Set float level, adjust idle, check that jets are correct for your mods, but first leak test it.

How To Perform a Leak Down Test – YouTube

Demonstrating a Leak Down Test performed on a Yamaha Blaster – YouTube

14mqc1y.jpg
dident i already say this?

What is a good premix to go with 32:1? I do have a new set of reeds from another motor I could put on there too. I'll do a leak test when I get some time to build one and check the reeds and everything, thanks again guys!! I appreciate it.
yes most people do a minimun of 32:1 with a quality premix like amsoil dominator or Maxima super M or sastor927 is fantastic. if you dont already get a ratio rite cup so its easy peasy
Thanks bud! I'm going out to check the carb now, see whats up with the jetting. Prob going to tractor supply in a bit to make a leak tester.

that will definatly work for ya man. heck yea tractor supply its at. if yea want a bit more breathing room on your blaster most take the lid off the air box but you have to jet arround a 250 jet.

I don't have a lid on it, maybe that's the problem? I have a lid to the airbox but no bolts to put it on. I think I see 220 printed on top of the main real tiny.

I didnt read through the whole thread, but if you have a stock pipe you need to put a 230 in there. That is if your bike is COMPLETELY STOCK. When ever you make changes to intake or exhaust you need to rejet.