Got my first blaster

neo31ny

Mar 10, 2013
New York
Hi I just bought my first blaster for $50. I'm new to them, it's my second four wheeler and second 2 stroke. I want to start rebuilding it but need to get familiar with it. I have no clue at this point if it runs, it's locked up and I'm not sure if it's the top end or what yet. It has a piece of metal wedged behind the flywheel...I ordered the tool so I'm just waiting for that to get started. It looks like someone already tried messing with it, the nut is chewed up a bit and the end of the crank is stripped. The wheeler itself is in excellent shape for the price aside from the plastics and seat. Anyway I was wondering where the stock oil tank is, I can't find it anywhere, looks to me like someone may have stripped it but I don't know if they did a proper oil pump delete. Also is that the oil pump under that cover next to the clutch, it has nipples but missing both the lines and there's a big black block off cap looking thing on the right side of it. Do these run well on premix? Cause if I'm missing all the parts I may as well just finish the oil pump delete and premix. I appreciate any input, thanks.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds as though someone may have deleted the oil injection system. The oil tank would have been located under the seat and visible on the shifter side of the quad. Yo can pull the oil pump cover off of the clutch cover to see how they deleted it. The easiest way is to remove the white gear from the pump and use the pump as a blockoff. Most guys premixing mix at 32:1. Check your jetting, premixing requires one jump up on the main.
How about some pictures of this fifty dollar Blaster, I have heard rumors of these.

Let's see if this works...sorry about the size, I tried resizing them on photobucket but it didn't do anything when I posted on here.

blaster1.jpg

blaster2.jpg

welcome, nice rear tires but if ur not going to flat track u may as well take em off

Those tires are shot anyway, all weathered and cracked they don't even hold air. I'm trying to figure out a good all around setup, it's got 10 inch on the back right now.

Those tires are shot anyway, all weathered and cracked they don't even hold air. I'm trying to figure out a good all around setup, it's got 10 inch on the back right now.

oh, depends wht u plan to be riding on, i can tell you we all can recommend a good set after we find out wht u are riding on.

i'd get 9" rims with some 20x11-9 maxxios razr or holeshot tires

I'm having trouble finding any rims at all for it. They are all for the front or come in only one size for the rear. Maybe I'd be better off finding tires to fit the rims that are on it, they are 18x10x10.

Last edited:
Not to stray off into too many topics at once but does anyone know if they take the BR8es or B8es plugs and the thread size? I'm looking for a compression tester and I want to make sure I get the correct adapter with it. I'm thinking 14mm just by eye balling an old plug I have sitting here.

a blaster for a plug is b8es and if ur talking about gaping .28-.32

I'm not talking about the gap but that will be useful later. I'm talking about the size of the plug threads that screw into the head, are they 14mm? I need to find the correct compression tester adapter.

Ok the threads appear to be very close to 14mm so I'm just gonna order a compression testing kit with a 14mm. As of now I'm just looking around at parts and doing research until I get the tools to start the tear down and see what went wrong. It looks to me like the key come out of the crank/flywheel and lodged behind the flywheel, not sure if the key is that big but there is def. something lodged back there. I'm afraid to pull the flywheel and see the damage lol. If I feel motivated I'll get a pic and see what you think.

Ok I got outside and took a few pics...To me it looks like this piece don't belong there, am I wrong or just seeing things?

flywheel3.jpg

flywheel2.jpg

flywheel1.jpg