got a welder and need help with other tools

mmajay stfu have u ever owned anything harbor freight there not bad for somethings
and scotj77 thanks i guess ill start lookin for a band saw but more opinions please!!

SMFD!! No need to name call if i think harbor freight sux. Yes i bought there cheap chinese crap. I wouldnt buy there crap again i assure you.

A band saw is what you want.Try and get something 1/2 hp or better if possible.You can still cut radius's with a band saw.You just need to draw/trace your radius onto the metal then make relief cuts up to the line you drew and space the relief cuts about 3/8 to 1/2 inch apart.Then start cutting the radius line and every 3/8 to 1/2 inch you cut the metal will fall and keep giving you the room you need to make the radius.Also remember the band saw is only good for smaller pieces to cut.Eventually the material will run into the saw and leave you no room.Thats when the portable band saw or sawzall will come in handy.Another trick I use is when I am done cutting with the saws and want a nice flat finish I turn to my belt sander to give me the final finished look.

^^ thanks man u have helped alot

my plans are to get a few more tools and since christmas is comin up thats what im askin for(lotsa hand tools) already got a welder a 4 1/2 ft tool chest with more tools thencan even fit lol

but i want
band saw 50-60 used
drill press -50-60 used
old used stick welder 50-60

yeah i have a few harbor freight tools in my tool box. i havent had a problem with them yet. ive got some screwdrivers, sockets, couple stubby ratchets, wobble extensions and some other stuff. i havent had a problem with anything yet. I think as long as you use the tools right they shouldnt be a problem. plus being a mechanic is not my profession so im using them all day every day. so for what I need the craftsman, kobalt, couple snap on and mac and matco, and harborfreight work fine for what i do...

so 1995blaster i say you have a decent list of tools to get you started on anything. like im sure other people can vouch for youll run into tools you need and youll have to pick it up but youll slowly get the tools you want and need. ive been buying tools for 15+ yrs now and still find myself needing new sh*t...it never ends...LOL

ha ha, I'm making my Christmas list right now I'm mostly getting sockets ( i only use name brand ratchets cheap ones always break) air tools. a grinder, more wrenches, nice set of Allen wrenches, lots of different pliers and lots of cut off wheels wire wheels sanding bits stuff like that

Well if it for mild steel, I would go with a chop saw, great for the angles and give a great cut, only problem being that the angles tend to change over a long period of cuts and is noisy as sh*t. We had a metal disk for it but it was the wrong speed and it wrote it off after first use. There expensive paid like 375 for our one, not too sure on the size of the disk off hand.

it says itll cut round or square stock up to 1"...so as long as you dont go over that and i wouldnt use it for an extended period of time so it dont over heat....i say it should be ok...

well got a metal blade for my power miter saw and made one cut with it works good just go slow and i think it will work for what i need

I have a plasma cutter but I hardy ever need to use it.
I like to use a jig saw with a metal cutting blade with my parts set-up in a bench vise.
I still use my Dremal with cut off wheels for alot of stuff too.
I did use the plasma cutter to cut the stuck flywheel off my shee when all else failed.