Clutch help

Foxrider714

Mar 14, 2021
Hey everyone would like some help with my 2001 blaster.. so I been looking on here and YouTube but still can’t find my problem. So when I go to put the bike in first gear with clutch in it would just pop and die(like you didn’t know how to use the clutch) and after like the bike would warm up or trying a few times it would work normally and after riding get it would be fine and not do it again till next day when bike would rest I guess. So I finally got a new clutch and didn’t see a plate that looked bigger like people say there should be and I also seen on here that you don’t put back that stock metal ring (after the first or second plate i forgot and it’s not in front of me) so after putting all back together put a new clutch cable on and adjust the center nut the bike is still doing it and now when I pull clutch in let’s say in first it won’t roll like if it was in neutral. Also that little ball didn’t come out when I took my plate off and didn’t try to get it out cause I didn’t wanna lose it so maybe I should open back up and check? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help

Did you get the pointer aligned with the notch on the case when adjusting the center rod/nut adjustment ?
the cable needs to be off at either end to do it. give it a hair more adjustment in to push the pressure plate out further might help. a little is a lot in clutch adjusting.
this could also be grooves on the basket fingers preventing the plates from separating fully even with the pressure plate off them.
if the ball wasn't in there or welded to the rod, you'd have no clutch pull or rod adjustment.

18901-71faf45eeadec58d7ff874476edcb3b9.jpg

Hello friends, I need help, it turns out that I changed the clutch of my yamaha blaster 200 and I put all the discs in order but the adjustment rod is very small because there is no thread left to put the nut that stops it and also I can not neutralize the changes with the clutc lever, any recommendations?

Did you clock the plates?
Did you put the ball back in?
Did you align the dots on basket and pressure plate?
When in doubt follow the manual