go kart build for wife

x5 Starz Boss

Feb 23, 2009
West Monroe, LA
ok forget my last thread change of plans....talking to a guy at work i picked up two frames and i bought a tiller from my fatherin law and it had a 5 hp briggs horizontal shaft motor, new air filter, exhaust, carb rebuild so it runs great just needs paint. so the build is on!!! and im using the 2 seater frame its going to be hot pink....its my wifessss so dont hate lol...and i will possibly bedline the floorboard and powder coating black wheels. and future plans i will build a rollcage.

rhtpis.jpg

2zr0r5j.jpg

2vwcupw.jpg

smyb6c.jpg

20trybq.jpg

19a8fm.jpg

sound pretty cool, would that motor be powerful enough (not saying your wife is big) i dont know much about go carts, thats why i ask. post pictures when your done!

that motor right there is a briggs flat head we have 3 of them they are the motors everyone runs on karts check out bobs 4 cycle kart forum in the flat head part you can learn how to build that motor to last and it will pull the weight of the kart and who ever rides in it another thing to think about when you look at the motor or if somthing happens where it does not run check out Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

this motor right here is what i run on my kart i pulled the gov. off changed muffler and airfilter and jet and the thing rips it pulls my 160 kart and my 180lbs dad with no problems let me know either way what you go with but the flat heads if build right will last and run awesome

anytime i love them motors let me know if you need anything im pretty sure i know both them briggs and the blue motor inside and out lol

they are great motors really i know they are cheap but im turning 54 rmps every weekend with mine but thats on a racing set up and a blue motor will last for 1-2 race season long but again thats on a racing set up

oh one more thing if you take the gov out really watch the tank on top they will come lose and leak gas just tape over the gas cap and check it and you should be fine