'ghetto' lowered blaster...

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
i picked up a set of shocks from the ox today.. front and rear.. with springs.. anyone ever cut the springs on a quad?? i have done it on cars before.. i gonna chop them so its a 2-3 inch drop, im gonna find out how it rides and handles like that.. and if its aepic failure ill put my stock ones back on!!

thoughts on this??? i wont be jumping.. this will be my field riding, flat track ice riding set up if it works... low center of gravity to hit the corners hard fast and sideways!!

i have a diffrent idea, how bout heating them instead? if you cut them thats taking spring away, so when you remove spring it will bottom easier and be really soft, while heating them will lower with the same tension as stock.. make sence?

the only problem is when you cut a spring it changes it spring rate. from the heat it takes to cut it.. it will become bouncy.. give it a try see what happens. if you have nothing to lose

so now the shock will extend further than the spring?? of are you shortening the shaft travel also?? or installing limiting straps?

going to do limiting strap simaler to like a of road trophy truck or a monster truck.. so the shock cant drop lower than the spring if i do end up air born or front wheels up,.... .. i have nothing to lose, like i said if its a failure i will have my other set of shocks to put back on it... im a resorceful guy.. i make what i have work...

heating or cutting.. in a car they get a lil bouncy if you cut them, depending on the car.. i had cut springs in a 4 banger mustang and it damn near did wheelies, when youy hit bumps... and i cut the springs in a 91 thunderbird and it actually road better and handles better, with no bounce...... like i said if it dont work out im not out anything, and stock shocks/ springs can be had for cheap