gearing

donrladd

Sep 30, 2009
does any one know what i can do i am running 15 40 gears 18/10/8 razzers with a 98 200 with a ct 240 punched to a 325 with a 72.44 wisco telflon coated piston my prob. is i have no top end 1st 2nd and 3rd gear is to low you have to shift to fast i dont have the room for a bigger counter gear it will hit the motor and i i cant go any smaller on the back there is not room on the hub for the gear i know you all will tell me to go bigger on the rim but i just built the bike and i know i built to much motor my top end is like 50 55 mph should i find stock back rims and tires my son races on tracks and its its fine but we ride at rancho in zefferhills fl and the bike sucks for trail riding any sug.

okay, do you mean speed or torque? torque will pull hard through the gears. with a large front sprocket you are losing alot of torque to gain speed. when you are riding your blaster do you actually reach and hold 50mph? if not your just losing power unecessarily. btw, your not going to have any power with a blaster 15T unless its highly modded.

if your bike is as highly modified as you say and you need more gear then a 15 tooth up front can give you.
you can get a lonestar/honda sprocket hub that will allow u to use honda sprockets down to i believe 34 tooth..
can you take a pic of that 15 on the front i want to see where the case is shaved for it and how much..

You can run a 38 tooth rear sprocket. There are a few members on here that do and I'm one of them.

blaster dude it is poss. and it is real and i am not trying to be rude it has a 4mm stroker and a 72.44 wisco and i bought it from la slive in calif. bay bore mech .in clearwater fl did all the work and they do great work fell free to call and ck. it out this bike 165 comp. on the 3rd. kick no bullshit i waited 3 mo. for the piston be cause they had to make the piston they dont have a piston that size to fit a 200 crank like i said not being rude sorry if you thing i am

i was told by bay bore it was a 325 and i am just saying what i was told i will ck. in to it and i do hope you are wrong cause i waited a long time for parts and i hope i didnt get ripped off but i called la sleve and they told me that it was back order and had to be made

To have a 325 you would need a 78.5mm piston and a stroke of 67mm ( a + 10 rod )
There isn't the transfer space to do that, a +8 mm stroker and 76mm piston ( = 290 I think ) is the biggest possible that you can go within the limits of the engine, and by then its a dune only machine.

thank you for the info blaster dude it was very well needed i am calling the mech. shop today to find where he got his numbers from do you mind if i add you as a friend to keep in touch it seems like every one i talk to about this bike is just guessing at it

thank you for the info blaster dude it was very well needed i am calling the mech. shop today to find where he got his numbers from do you mind if i add you as a friend to keep in touch it seems like every one i talk to about this bike is just guessing at it

make sure you post up what the mechanic says. im kinda interested in this now... lol.