gearing for 18" tires

1252smoke

Sep 27, 2009
west virginia
probably has been answered before. But I couldn't find it I have basically stock (fmf pipe and turbine core 2 silencer) with 18 inch hole shots. What's the best gearing to use for mostly trail ridding. I don't thank I'm getting best umpth out of it?? Also opinions on a spark arrested silencer getting ready to buy one so I can ride the trails legally.

if your looking for more topend go with 14t up front and 38 rear, thats what i had on my 18" holeshots. or if your looking for more acceleration drop a tooth down in the front.

Seems like Ive plenty of take off. just run through the gear to quickly. I'm thinking of going up on the front cog would be the answer?

so what you want to do is buy a 14 tooth sprocket up front and a banshee 38 rear sprocket in the back. go on ebay. i had same problem go through gears to quick so change the sprockets that i recommended. it will bump up the top speed and space out the shifts.

14/40 is perfect i think unless u got power to afford smaller sprocket in back, but i think its better to have to more power and acceleration then top speed, face it blaster wasnt made to go 100mph but yes ive seen some that can lmao

with 14/40 you will get like 55mph with the 18's so ya its worth the extra gear in the back making it go 60mph instead 55. but thats just me i like more top speed. lol