best tires for trail and mud

ilm121209

Jan 28, 2014
phila pa
I have 22x11x9 itp holeshots on my blaster now. Widening hubs (not spacers) Honda bolt pattern and aluminum rims. But they're not great in the mud. Im looking at itp mud lites but I've never ran them before. i do mostly trail riding, and some street riding, but there are a lot of bad mud pits, i need something that won't get stuck in every mud pit back in the woods.

What's my best option for this style riding? I've never been into the mud tires since i do mostly trail riding but the mud pits just keep getting bigger... thanks in advance.

And the 22s fit great, but would i be better with 20s? Or smaller? She's a torque monster and has plenty of power as it is, so i figure im better staying with the 22s for the top speed? Opinions?
Here's a picture, the look big but its not that bad in person

Well, imho, blasters are not made for mud...

something with thick open tread would be the best to run. much like my brothers (i forgot the brand :p)

I really like the kenda kutter xc tires. They are great in about every type of terrain and wear really great. They are pretty cheap too.

i run the itp mud lites and they good lite mud and trail tires
they are 22's

the mud lite sp dont come in 22s. are you running the at style? i like the sp style because they have a flatter tread area for trail riding unlike the 4x4 style mud lights that are more rounded. either way i bought the 20x11x9 mud lite sp's. fun center powersports wanted 134 but price matched and i got them for 90. and 10 to mount them up. pretty smooth ride compared to the holeshots too. much nicer look. tomorrow ill find out if they work as good as im hoping or if im going to be giving that winch its first real test.

Maxxis rzr 2s are great. I run them in 20inch on my blaster and 22inch on my raptor. If u want to go through mud get a different atv.

Why ride a blaster if you doubt them. I may not be taking my blaster through 4 foot water like a 4x4 can, (not that i haven't tried once...or 3 times) but she does get through some bad mud, and tomorrow i will find out if these tires are all everyone says they are. Ill get some pictures for you

All
Terain
Vehical

Some almost sound like Banshee owners that think banshees can't do mud. Ya, a blaster won't do a pit, but if your ride area has mud holes on the trail, you going stay home or set up for the ride?

We have some 22" mud lites, sometimes they're on the banshee, sometimes the Blaster.
Only thing I don't like about them is the don't slide very easy, like around corners or donuts.

Maxxis rzr 2s are great. I run them in 20inch on my blaster and 22inch on my raptor. If u want to go through mud get a different atv.

i proved you wrong. and then after not getting stuck all day i end up having to pull a 4x4 polaris out of the mud because even with all the 4x4 guys, noone else had a winch.

i proved you wrong. and then after not getting stuck all day i end up having to pull a 4x4 polaris out of the mud because even with all the 4x4 guys, noone else had a winch.

Hes just saying Blasters were not really made for "mudding." A little mud isn't bad but just becareful going through deep stuff and having it caked on your air cooled motor, not good.

my 20" Razr 2's did great for 28 miles last weekend, where some long, low lying trails were 4" of diarrhea mud

1234.jpg

my 20" Razr 2's did great for 28 miles last weekend, where some long, low lying trails were 4" of diarrhea mud

View attachment 9521

We got some of that now, i put it in first and idle out of it. either pushing or kneeling on the bar.

I dont suggest this, but i also stood on the axle once, if you got that mud on your boots, you wont even feel the axle spin

We got some of that now, i put it in first and idle out of it. either pushing or kneeling on the bar.

I dont suggest this, but i also stood on the axle once, if you got that mud on your boots, you wont even feel the axle spin

i used my thumb to blast thru it :)
was actually plowing mud with the front end but the razr's were still digging, i was sideways quite a few times

Are blasters mud machines? No. Do I suggest going through deep mud pits with them? No. If you have a decent size pit go for it, it's a quad for a reason IMO.