Spark Arrestors

Tankbuster

Oct 23, 2016
Wi.
I am getting my Blaster ready for some Summer trail riding in my state. Most trails in my local area require a spark arrestor. My question is, does the DNR, ( or some regulating party) actually check for this?I was looking at some people getting fines because their ATVs did not have the USFS tag riveted to the silencer. Come on, lets face it, wouldn't a screen on the tail pipe serve the same purpose?? Does anyones state require this little badge?? Please enlighten me. Its a rhetorical question... I dont need an answer, just kinda venting! Well, maybe one question.... do they restrict or decrease power? (just gotta 26mm stocker on it and now they want to kill it????)
Thank you.

Last edited:
Some places want to see a USFS tag on the silencer. Some places will put a stick up your silencer to see if it stops when hitting the screen. Some places will do both!

Yes, I just bought the SS screen to fit inside silencer. Some DNR agencies are just plain," grumpy ole cusses" and just want to mess with ya. So, I will find out this spring, when I start trail riding my Blaster.
Thanks for the advice.