fuel in head pipe....lots of it

billysblaster

Apr 22, 2010
arkansas
my blaster filled the head pipe and the crankcase full of fuel fter just a few rides. It had so much fuel in it i could not even kick it over. Any ideas on what might be causing this

i havent checked compression but it should be fine only has three hours on motor. and i can rip wheelies in the first four gears. i am running 32:1 mixture so it shouldnt be rich. just a note when i finished the rebuild and went to start for the first time when i turned the fuel on it poured out of the carb vents. Just dorve it anyway and it seemed to stop but not sure about what was up there.

so if i replace with a new 28mm keihin carb it should fix the problem. Hope so i just ordered one from partsdepotatv on ebay. called them and told them my mods and they said that they will jet accordingly. good deal only 189.00 free shipping

please dont tell me your for real? you ordered a brand new carb just because the floats are sticking, get yourself a haynes manual and learn a bit about your new blaster! also if you motor has 3 hours on it id start by running it in, not be ripping wheelies I:I

well i did order the carb. but it has been sitting for about three years before i got it so i guess i could clean the carb and go on with it but i have a little extra crazzy money to hide from wife so i decided to just go for it. besides i love to work on the blaster if is my time for man time just me and blasty.

you probably have a little varnish in the needle and seat ,it is easy to remove the carb and pull the 4 screws out of the bottom tap the bowl to remove and get yourself some gum out and spray her down.while you are there check your pilot jet and main jet for any gum build up.I have found the cheapest jet cleaners are guitar strings if you cant find the jet sizers like what I have.

Id say since you had the money the Blaster even stock needs a bigger carb.

Also if the Blaster sat for 3 years straight without being ran the carb would need to be dipped and rebuilt to use mine didnt sit nearly that long and my carb looked like this upon me going to clean it.
photoMA27498843-0002.jpg

photoMA27498781-0004.jpg

photoMA27498846-0001.jpg

I had to buy a rebuilt kit, sent it to a friend on another forum, he had to chemical dip it and rebuilt it for me.

So in my eyes good buy, this also will eliminate the T.O.R.S.. Did you get a carb kit or just the carb? If you just got the carb you are going to need a new throttle cable and eliminate the T.O.R.S. yourself..

If you go to the DIY section there are some threads on it...

I just got the carb. so i guess i will have to delete to tors by myself i read the diy on it dosent sond that difficult. I built the motor without a shop manual so i guess i should be able to figure it out. I just hope that a 28mm carb will do enough good.