Fox shocks

i have been reading alot on the fox shocks on the yfzcentral forum cuz it seems everybody runs em over there and the only complaint that i can seem to find on em is that they roll more in the corners than a spring shock other than that everybody i have seen loves em. TJ have u noticed that on yours? might be something to think about before u drop 1500 in a set

I have sad many many many times that properly set up works are really good , especially fronts.

if I was going to build a stock framed blaster today for racing or playing, it would have the +5 arms, works shocks in front and a custom +2 swinger with a 250r shock and lower mount moved.

I have sad many many many times that properly set up works are really good , especially fronts.

if I was going to build a stock framed blaster today for racing or playing, it would have the +5 arms, works shocks in front and a custom +2 swinger with a 250r shock and lower mount moved.

holy crap that is starting to sound familiar........................now i need knock over a couple convenience stores to get the a arms

i have been reading alot on the fox shocks on the yfzcentral forum cuz it seems everybody runs em over there and the only complaint that i can seem to find on em is that they roll more in the corners than a spring shock other than that everybody i have seen loves em. TJ have u noticed that on yours? might be something to think about before u drop 1500 in a set

no, they dont roll to bad in the corners...

the first ride I had on them they rolled horribly, but I bumped up the low speed compression, 4-5 clicks. and raised the main chamber 5 psi and now it corners like it's on rails

if you have problems with cornering, thats because you don't have them adjusted right.

Hey gents, I ended up droppin the "works" and going with some Fox Float R's.
floatrsport-lrg_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gents, I need some help here. I have the right shocks but what is the correct PSI's for these shocks? I have the Fox Floats R's which are actually for a Banshee. It seem's Golden West only offers the shock in this version because they claim that "Fox" will only sell the shock for a banshee. I have asked about the fact that LSR sells a version for the Blaster which has a different part # but I am finding that the Banshee shocks will work for the Blasty. So again, I have these shocks and I am running 75 PSI's, will this be ok for Dune crushin at Glamis?

do this, can a portable air tank with you and have fun. if it is too soft, put more air in it, if it is too hard, let some air out.

So far I wouldn't trade my R's for anything but an odd thing keeps happening. There is almost always residual oil on the slide after a ride. Almost like they are bleeding through the seals. I looked into it on the owner's guide and it said that a small amount of this is to be expected but damn if it doesn't seem like a little too much. Any words of wisdom on this, and please don't tell me to go have them rebuilt... I just bought them and I am hoping that someone else has some input other than just having them rebuilt.

So far I wouldn't trade my R's for anything but an odd thing keeps happening. There is almost always residual oil on the slide after a ride. Almost like they are bleeding through the seals. I looked into it on the owner's guide and it said that a small amount of this is to be expected but damn if it doesn't seem like a little too much. Any words of wisdom on this, and please don't tell me to go have them rebuilt... I just bought them and I am hoping that someone else has some input other than just having them rebuilt.

my evol's had a LOT of oil on the shaft for about the first 2 hours of ride time. now there is a little, but not much at all

Works= Cheapest But very good
Elka= probably the most expensive and amazing
Fox- Same as elka
Progressive= Better then stock but not as good as works
Custom Axis= IDK
Stock=SUCKS
Banshee= Little better then stock
Everything depends on the rider and what his likings are. All beacuse one person says they like them dont me you will too. or vice-versa. Works overall would be the cheapest and best for the money in my opioion.

As a side note, I bought a new swing arm from Metal Tech and I have a bunch of spare parts. Does anyone need a swingarm/bearing carrier. I will give it away for free, just need some rep points here!

Excluding shipping of course...:) Wait does this violate the market page rules? If so, never mind.

Reactions: speedemon17