Fox shocks

Cossey44

Jun 19, 2009
CA
LSR is offering a Fox Shock for the blaster. Has anyone purchased these yet? I am trying to get an idea if Fox really sells a shock specifically for the blaster or if LSR is faking the funk and trying to sell a banshee shock and calling it a Blaster shock.

Whats wrong with it either way? Float shocks are the best ever, and infinetly adjustable, so dialing them in would be easy as pie. If I remember correctly some guys were buying Raptor floats and putting them on the blasters.

LTZ/KFX/DVX400, 400EX Guys use the Honda 450R front floats....

Wait so does Fox actually make a shock for the Blaster? I keep searching and I keep finding these "make it work," fox shocks for other quads which I don't think would work for me because I need to do the suspension right or I am dead.

Banshee Floats will work just fine. You use air to adjust them so its not like its hard.

Alot of the Fox shocks arent application specific. Its just a "Hey! It fits!" kind of deal. Either way you WILL NOT be disappointed with the Floats!

That makes sense. The floats are definitely lighter and should be pretty effective even for drag race applications then. Sweet!

the banshee rear shock is shorter (and set-up for a linkage rear-end) and the fronts have slightly different specs (slightly longer and slightly more stroke). i spoke with Eric @ Elka about this and I have a full set of Elka's on one of my Blasters' that are Blaster specific- I also bought a set of Banshee fronts from Elka and have them on another of my other Blasters. I have yet to really test them out other than farting around in the dunes-- they seem to be fine though. Fox may use different specs for shock length and stroke but I imagine that they all use the same specs except for the design and set-up of their equipment. I had wanted Elka's for years and almost bought Motowoz or Fox but after talking to Eric at Elka I fell in love with his knowledge, customer service, and willingness to negotiate on his prices. I really do not think that you can go wrong with any of the major manufacturers and if I build a drag bike I am going to use the Fox Floats instead of Marvin Shaws as they are a better product in my opinion. if you do go with the Fox set-up get us some pictures and a review.

i always thought that fox shocks were like th best you could buy.....i know elkas are really f-ing good for sure, but i thought fox's were an upgrade from elkas. and tehy have a price to resemble that too

I started this thread a while ago and ironically I ended up with some works! I have to say for the money, these are the best shocks I have ever purchased. I have been through TCS's, Elka's, Hydro Dynamics you name it. The name says it all, besides if you blow a seal just send them back and they fix them immediately.

I'm planning on going to Fox Floats (not the evols, just the "r") next winter in the off-season. I'm thinking I'm going to use the Raptor 660 model and relocate the upper shock mount. Longer travel, great adjustability, and very light weight.

Brand wise I think suspension is a funny thing. For example, the H Dynamics were good but nothing fancy. They were sinlge rate, with a thick chromoly shaft that seemed indestructible, but so what. They are sitting on my work bench right now along with a pair of +2 arms. (Raptor 700 set)

Elka's speak for themselves, truly they are an extraordinary shock but I could finance a new car with how much they cost.

Do they compare with Works. Maybe, maybe not, but monetarily the Works shocks were a steal. I got dual rate new front shocks with plenty of drop. I called the guy at Works and gave him the ole' car salesman "help me, help you" speech and I walked away for like $400.00. All my buddies with Elka's look at me with hatred in their eyes because when we ride there are moments when I kind of bounce on by and they say, "$H!t, I should have just got some cheaper Works shocks and spent some money on a Flotek port job." :)

i run elka stage 2's and i can tell u its the smoothest shock i have ever ridden on. i have had some of the hardest landings and it just soaks em up like it was nothing. i dont know how your friends with elkas have them setup but if theyre bouncing around and your not there shock is not setup right. elkas are expensive but once i got em on my quad it was WELL worth the investment for me. i have fox float evols on my 450 right now i havent ridden it yet but i can tell u this for sure if they dont ride better than the elkas i have the floats will be gone and elkas will be ordered.

I am very interested in hearing the follow up after you ride with the Evo's! Please post after you give'm a shot because I was considering Fox's from the beginning of this thread.

One of the reasons I like the Works so much is because they came tuned just right. I agree that if you tune the Elk's they are pretty amazing. It's funny though, if you talk to TCS, or any other company that sells titanium spring shocks they will pick Elka's apart.

i run elka stage 2's and i can tell u its the smoothest shock i have ever ridden on. i have had some of the hardest landings and it just soaks em up like it was nothing. i dont know how your friends with elkas have them setup but if theyre bouncing around and your not there shock is not setup right. elkas are expensive but once i got em on my quad it was WELL worth the investment for me. i have fox float evols on my 450 right now i havent ridden it yet but i can tell u this for sure if they dont ride better than the elkas i have the floats will be gone and elkas will be ordered.

when you first ride the evols, they might be sh*t...

they take alot of time to find the pressures you like...
im half way through my MX season and im still changing the pressures trying to find the perfect setup

so, dont decide that you dont like them on the first ride....lol