flat topend

Troyaughenbaugh

Feb 8, 2009
wrightsville,pa
What would cause my top end to be flat? I have the dg exhaust, +4 degree advance, 14t front sprocket, p&p, high compression, new topend with weisco piston. Good low end, hard hitting mid but the top just goes flat. Any suggestions? I'm running 290 main jet. stock pilot jet and needle jet is set in 3rd groove from bottom. thanks. If you need anymore info just ask.

your limited to the stock exhaust port,your not going to make anymore power past 8Gs if that

try putting the timing back when i had mine advanced it had a lot less top end. or better yet ditch the dg and get a better pipe cuz a dg is a stock pipe just chrome i have a bills pipe and it has great top end and what rpm is your p&p for

It was flat before the timing advance. I think that its that piece of s##t dg pipe. the p&P is for mid high, though I don't have the head redesigned. I have the high compression head gasket on it. Actually the advance made the low stronger and really makes the mid hit good. Very pleased with that. I think the pipe cant handle the topend.

i had the same problem....i bumped my jettin up, and problem was gone....id get rid of that dg while your at it...like everyone else says...they suck

i had the same problem....i bumped my jettin up, and problem was gone....id get rid of that dg while your at it...like everyone else says...they suck

hell yeahh my friend had one on his blaster and it sucked bad with even with my fmf i smoked the sh*t outta him they pretty much have no topend

If anyone has a cheap aftermarket headpipe that's just sitting around I'll buy it. Anything is better than this dg. I don't have enough money to get the LRD, that's what I really want. I'm sick of no top end. I don't care what the headpipe looks like as long as its not bent or dinged real bad. Hope someone can help me out!!! thanks.