Fix'n up my 95' blaster !!

meangreen

Aug 24, 2009
Ok, so here goes. I picked up my old 95' blaster a few days ago and what started out as "just gunna thro on a new top end and go" has turned into a complete tear down. I started with a really crappy looking blaster...nasty faded plastics that had been painted umpteen million times,and a frame that had the same treatment. As of last night i had it completely stripped down. I wanted my bars to sit a little higher so i lengthened the steering stem about 2 inches. Then tonight i decided i would paint the frame, so after a wire brucs/stripper,sand paper,scotch bright,and finally a sand blaster later i had it stripped down. I then Primes it up, leveled it out,repeted a few times, and hit it with some matallic deep blue paint. As a matter of fact i am letting it flash for another coat as i type this. I Have not gotten any pics as we are first time parents,and wife has been a camera hog snapping pics of out 6 month old son.
I will however get some shots of the painted frame in the morning,and my pile of parts.

well, i finished laying the clear about 30 minutes ago,and my paint came out more of a electric blue/flake....thats ok,i guess it still looks nice. I will let ya'll be the judge of that in the morning. So now that the paint is on and the clear coat laid down, i am trying to decide what color to do my steering shaft ? Maybe an aluminum looking color ? I have also thought about possibly going with a dark silver/grey crinkle paint, or a lighter silver crinkle paint ? I have so many idea's but only one bike to build (at this moment) My other issue is that this is all on literally a $0.00 budget....I already had the paint from a previous paint job on an MR2 i had, and the frame stripping stuff was all in my dads shop.

I am waiting for the pics to load rite now. Ignore the fact that my coil was still on there when i painted it,i couldn get the damn thing off.

blaster006.jpg

blaster007.jpg

blaster010.jpg

blaster011.jpg

i love it i have a 1995 and its the purple one but i love it its in real good conditioon though that blue paint looks awesome me and my friend painted his go cart blact and the rims that color and we are currently polishing the whole motor and the sheet metal on the motor is gonna be that color alot of work for a go cart but he dont have much money and he wants something that looks cool so thats his project!

Thanx for all the positive remarks !! The color didn't turn out exactly how i remember but,now that i see it in the sun it looks great. And as far as that DAMN seat goes...what a PITA !!! i took the factory vinyl off, cut it at the seems, and used that as a template of each section- i leave in november for wyotech, for a course in upholstery as i plan on doing upholstery as a side job untill i can launch it into a career , So i take any chance i can to practice.

yea i really like i want to paint my frame black my swinger and a arms yellow and get black plastics !!!

Now i am gunna do my tank cover,and hood in gloss black,and my fenders in satin black.
My swinger,and a-arms will be "hammered" silver. I did my front wheels in hammered black,and will get to my rear's at some point.