first build wanna do it right but dont have deep pockets

alright hoppefully ill get some time to work on the project either tomorrow night or saturday, but i decided to go ahead witht the frame and body work while im waiting to get access to a pneumatic gun. so i think im either doing the frame in uellow or orange> which one? either way the plastics are going to be black. figured id get some thoughts on the subject, and yes im doing it myself like the thread title says low on money so dont have the funds for powder coating

i am also doing a orange frame with black plastics. i think it will look sweet but a yellow frame would be different and nice aswell. what yellow or orange do you have in mind?

about that hub you'll still need a way to hold it to tighten it to the torque spec. I bought the tusk holding tool for like 15 bucks and it doubles as a flywheel holder.

Alright so I've started the sanding of the fenders, and about ready to prep the rear one for primer, then glossy black paint... will post pictures as soon as I get back to the house, I've been slacking on the pics

Did you get the frame welded? I skimmed through the post but didn't see where it was repaired.

If you're on a budget, you're better off to build a reliable stocker. Don't worry with porting until you have the money to get the other supporting modifications.

Walker's autoparts will do a good bore job once you have a piston if your top end needs boring. I had my prairie 400 bored by them and it turned out great.

I have a cache of the tools necessary to do the bottom end work if you need them. I'm over in Butner, not that far from you. If you have a new crank and the top end off, we could have the bottom end apart and back together waiting on the tope end in one saturday afternoon. Let me know.

Oh and if you need a drum and backer plate assembly, I'll sell you one CHEAP. I upgraded to norman420 spindles so I have a pair sitting out in the garage.

Did you get the frame welded? I skimmed through the post but didn't see where it was repaired.

If you're on a budget, you're better off to build a reliable stocker. Don't worry with porting until you have the money to get the other supporting modifications.

Walker's autoparts will do a good bore job once you have a piston if your top end needs boring. I had my prairie 400 bored by them and it turned out great.

I have a cache of the tools necessary to do the bottom end work if you need them. I'm over in Butner, not that far from you. If you have a new crank and the top end off, we could have the bottom end apart and back together waiting on the tope end in one saturday afternoon. Let me know.

Oh and if you need a drum and backer plate assembly, I'll sell you one CHEAP. I upgraded to norman420 spindles so I have a pair sitting out in the garage.

yeah man that sounds like a plan i live in granville county off of buce gardner, you wouldnt happen to have a welder would you?