first build wanna do it right but dont have deep pockets

waitintoburn

Dec 21, 2010
wake forest, nc
ok so i have owned 1 blaster prior and sold it cause i needed the money. but i finally go another although this this thing has seen better days, the frame is cracked just above the left motor mount, brakes are shot. top of the crab that connects the throttle control is stripped, needs silencer, its ful taken apart engine out......... beginning the cleaning procces. just took the the first 6 bolts off the top end to et a look at the piston and its not too bad suprisingly. i will post pics asap. also the arm that connects to the clutch cable seems to be stripped and just slid right out of the engine????? i wasnt trying to remove it.....keep in mind i did get this thing fairly cheap and it did run befor i began the over haul. any ideas of the problems? i know its hard to tell without picture and i will have them up soon. any help wpuld be a blessing at this point im kinda lost. i know my way around an engine fairly well but not to a t. thanks. pics coming soon along with more detail or the problems

welcome
the clutch actuator rod is supposed to just pull out like that,
its all good to proceed
and house rules......pics or your lying !!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the wlecome guys, and i thought it was supposed to pull out but i wanted to make sure. and i am about to go to the garage right now and get some pictures taken. so they will be up in a here shortly.

on another note how do i make this thread appear on my user cp?

2nk01dx.jpg

is this a normal divit in the clutch actuator?
2v8guvp.jpg

can i fix this gap on the front hub with a bearing or must the whole thing be replaced?
291c38g.jpg

2hqs594.jpg

116keua.jpg

az6gcp.jpg

is the amount of carbon on the piston excesive or normal?
do i need a nw one or is this one just in need of a cleaning?
the walls seem pretty clean but im not the best judge this is my first rebuild how do i know if there good or in need of a hoaning?
5fnp14.jpg

hoping to get my buddy to weld this massive crack..... we will see if it works
suyn9k.jpg

this is the cap off the carb that is stripped, pretty sure the carb itself is as well any way to retap it?

Last edited:
thanks r taylor i needed that it took me a second to figure the upload thing out........ yeah ima newbb....weak sauce. and hope the pictures able yall to give me some input....all is welcome. pleas dont hesitate to add or point out anything you see that could help.

Looks like a fun project. If you are close to Ohio I have a good straight frame, carb and front brake hubs on spindles still. If you need any of them let me know and we can work something out. Not using any of them on my build so I would let you have them for a fair price.

i'd get a tors eliminator kit if the threads are stripped on that cap. looks like that's one of the vito's superstock pistons with that pie cut on it.

keep us posted on the build, and we all like pics

So just clean the piston up? And get a top end rebuild kit? And as far as the clutch is the actuator toast or is it supposed to have that divit in it..... because the clutch won't engage. When I turn the actuator it doesn't seem to be grabing aything. Also the crank case breather whole was exposed...no stoper do u think anything has gotten inside the bottom end I don't want to tear down the entire bottom end unless nessecary

i am in the same boat as you. but i am going need a total take down as my thrust washer is gone off one side of my connecting rod on the crank side. i am kicking around if i should do it or send it all out to have done.

does the tors eliminator kit not need threads to be attached...? how does it fix the problem, ive never herd of this kit?

Still uses the threads on the carb body but it replaces your existing cap so if those are the only threads that are damaged you will be ok with it. If the threads on the carb body are damaged too you will need to replace the whole carb.

alright so i am posting some more pictures in the morning or the inside of the bottom end, finally decided i am just going to go ahead and tear the entire engine down and work my way back. but i still need help...... what is the best thing to use to clean the piston. if i hone the cylinder will i have to get different size rings? what is the best way to clean between the heat sheilds on the outside of the cylinder heads? spent the last couple of days just cleaning up the engine. but like i said pictures will be up tomorrow

Carb and parts cleaner dip and a brass brush for the piston. Autozone has a cheap gallon can of the stuff for 20 bucks. I believe if you just hone the clylinder to remove small damage you need new rings. But if you bore it you need a new piston and rings. You'll have to measure it to see if it's in specs.