Firearms

That armoured accesory sight is sweet, Its going to need to be mounted on a rail. That thing have a rail on the slide? or are you going to have to get one?

thats what the galloway plate is for....mounting a glock style rail for holo sights

check this out and set me straight :)

on a forum he says " It uses a stock Glock Jpoint mount that slides into my mount that uses your factory rear sight dovetail of the SR40"

on the galloway webpage:
http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr/optic-mount-for-ruger-sr9-sr9c-sr40-sr40c-sr45/
***READ COMPLETELY THIS IS AN ADAPTER MOUNT ONLY*** This trick adapter goes in the factory SR rear sight slot. Just loosen the factory set screw in your rear sight and tap it out to the right side. Next install our optic mount adapter, some minor fitting may be required. Simple filing and sanding of the mount and slot. Next pick your optic out, get the correct optic mount for a Glock rear sight mount. By doing it this way we offer a cheap easy to install low ride optic mount using affordable easy to locate optic base pads for a glock and any mini optic you can think of. This allows for a low cost buy in and the option to use whatever mini optic you wish. Our test unit is a Jpoint and has proved to be a great choice. This setup provides for the lowest optic mount without machining the slide that is possible. They come black oxided.

what glock mount they be talkin bout willis ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-Rear-...367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ece7c3ff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strike-Indu...506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c41197c22

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never messed with anything like that before,I just bought a Glock! LOL But from what I'm seeing, the galloway plate should pin in fairly easily allowing you to mount up either of those sights. Don't be alarmed if you have to file it to fit like it says, Gun accessories rarely fit out of the box.

Glock rail sights must be of a smaller dimension than standard 1913 picatinny rails. It would make sense, The frames are smaller on pistols than on a AR upper. Still, a rail mounting system is by far the easiest, and most fail safe way to put sights and accesories on a firearm.

I like the Mr. Austria name too!

the galloway plate replaces the sr40 stock rear sight, it is drilled/tapped to except a glock style rail for holo sights.

so, the stack goes...sr40/galloway plate/glock rail/holo sight.

but what glock rail they be talkin bout, i see a bunch of different ones ?
been nice if galloway would tell ya what exactly is needed to use his plate ?
or better yet........offer the damn thing with, or link to it, on his own website, but that mighta made it too easy ha ?

Sorry but I don't have a clue about all the pistol rails and stuff ya'll are talkin bout. Before I lost it in a fire my old stevens/savage single shot 12 gauge with a tapered barrel would leave you sore. Wish I had had a gun safe. I still got it as a wall hanger with a wormy red oak stock and grip I made, because it was my first gun given to me. I tested it and fired 5 rounds with a pull cord lol, but I don't trust it to hold against my cheek. I'll never forget when I was 13 and my buddies dad handed me a 10 gauge to shoot!! Only shot it once and felt it for a long time!! I don't have much these days, but picked a Mossberg 500 pistol grip pump and a Winchester .270 bolt action and my oldest girl has a pink camo .22. Really want a Marlin 30/30 lever action, one of these days.

If Hack gets to see this thread he will drool.

If he gets to fire a few he is going to have a sore shoulder for a month.

If you come through northern indiana we have about 90 guns at the house and 20 or so pistols. You are welcome to shoot any of em. We do have a tikka .50 bmg thats bolt action single shot. It will knock you down for sure.

how to mod a now unused 6" .357 holster to fit a .40 semi, using a red hot machete :)

the machete cut thru the nylon like hot butter, melted it together to keep from fraying and it fits like a glove.
will be used for carry while riding
730_machine_gun_shooting_smiley.gif

holster 1.jpg

holster 2.jpg

my carry paddle style holster came today

carry holster.jpg

Nice! play around with the paddle holster....they kind of need broken in, but they are very nice. I have a Fobus one for the G27

them fobus' are nice.
this ones a BlackHawk CQC Sportster, came with paddle and belt mounts, i bolted up the paddle for now

that was $22 shipped, seems well built, and I had to fight it to get it unhooked from my waist band of my pants.
it ain't goin anywhere once on :)
i just don't like it's not lined with anything to keep from marking the gun.
i might add some moleskin ?

btw...that 3.5 trigger bar came friday and i already resold it on ebay, it ships in the morning.
i watched the install vids 3 times and just don't feel confident enuf to completely disassemble a brand new gun.
i'll send it straight to galloway over the winter, purchase and have them install all their mod parts for $75 labor.
that includes metal loaded indicator, slide rod and spring, and all the trigger parts.
the ruger guys swear by it.

btw...that 3.5 trigger bar came friday and i already resold it on ebay, it ships in the morning.
i watched the install vids 3 times and just don't feel confident enuf to completely disassemble a brand new gun.
i'll send it straight to galloway over the winter, purchase and have them install all their mod parts for $75 labor.
that includes metal loaded indicator, slide rod and spring, and all the trigger parts.
the ruger guys swear by it.

Yeah if your not comfortable doing something on a gun, don't do it. That was a pretty in depth job....I once disassembled a taurus tracker revolver....talk about a mess. I did get it back together and sold :)
You could put that mole skin in there...might mess with the interference fit of the holster. The salesman I bought mine off of explained that as your body heat transfers to the holster, it makes the pistol easier for you to pull.

They are designed so you can pull it....but no one else can from a different angle. Make sense? I mostly only use that holster when I'm in the woods,and I want to know its not going to fall or slip.

Easy . Break barrel American 2 barrel cut off shotgun 10 gauge. Stagecoach driver style. That will give him a nice wake up. Or if u can find it a original 8 gauge

It looks like the Lad and I are going to be way out of realm, in Aussie you just about need a licence to look at a firearm.

Bring it on I say.

Looking forward to seeing, holding, hell, even firing a few.