Finally done :)

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi so i finally finished my blaster until after xmas time . got my seat cover fitted,rear grab bar,handguards,kill switch and nerf bars looks better than it did but will be getting fully rebuilt from ground up after new year once i have money for powdercoating. :) will upload pictures later as doggy sitting as granparents are away out :)

mxg17 \/ doggy sitting
puppies-running-gif.gif

Nice work bro!!!

Glad to see you made a decision and followed through with it.

Too bad you dont live near me my buddy owns a large ouffit that does all the powdercoating for the local caterpillar trucks and gives me kick ass deals on it.both of my bikes were done there and ill be taking my kawi in this winter.

Nice work bro!!!

Glad to see you made a decision and followed through with it.

Too bad you dont live near me my buddy owns a large ouffit that does all the powdercoating for the local caterpillar trucks and gives me kick ass deals on it.both of my bikes were done there and ill be taking my kawi in this winter.

Thanks Man :) yeah that's why i want to be from the usa as there is always someone willing to help over in the uk theres no one :( there is Xero who can get it done for me but he stays like 400 miles away and i can't post a frame lol but il be doing final work next year sometime once i get the rest of my parts like exhaust,new plastics,elka stage 1 shocks,works rear shock and pro tapers :) plus powdercoating. but powdercoating isn't too badly priced here as its £200/$400 and he does extra parts like a arms swing arm etc for free so i only really pay for the frame getting done :) yeah well i thought its a Japanese made quad no import crap. plus its a 200cc 2 stroke so its fast enough for me where i use it plus i like all the trick parts you can buy for them :p but im using a old dump site as thats where i use to go and i felt safier than tracks as it was only me and a mate that was there and no one can run over you or land on top of you if you fall off.

Nice work mate ! glad to see progress !

thanks man! how you getting on with yours :)?

If you are riding soft surface, grass or mud, then the left rear tyre is on backwards.

im riding like multiple surfaces some of its like wet and muddy then its like hard packed soil. i was going to get the rear right tyre turned around but now you say that not sure which lol

Get one of them reversed, then you will be able to swap sides to change the rotation.

Put them on one way for harder surface , then swap sides for the looser and mud.

Look at mine, they are on for hard surface, swap left wheel for right, and right for left, and the rotation will be reversed for soft or mud.

2utqc86.jpg

Get one of them reversed, then you will be able to swap sides to change the rotation.

Put them on one way for harder surface , then swap sides for the looser and mud.

Look at mine, they are on for hard surface, swap left wheel for right, and right for left, and the rotation will be reversed for soft or mud.

2utqc86.jpg

Thats a great idea old timer but.............What if your tires are directional?

Most any descent name brand tires are directional so this wont work.

Thats a great idea old timer but.............What if your tires are directional?

im not to bother about the way there going lol as long as there running the same way im happy :p im heading out on quad sometime this week with my mate with his blaster so il see how quick they are compared to my import quads i have had lol and i thought a apache 100cc was fast last year.. haha

If the tires are directional and you have them on backwards you can and eventually will damage the tires.

Do what you want bro but they put those little arrows on for a reason showing the direction the tire should rotate.

If the tires are directional and you have them on backwards you can and eventually will damage the tires.

Do what you want bro but they put those little arrows on for a reason showing the direction the tire should rotate.

yeah man what i mean is like if there rotational tyres il get them on right way and il leave them at that. won't change them for different surfaces. but the place we are using is about 2000feet square or a little more and its just me and my mate that will be using it :p i got permission from the council to use it as well so no one can kick us off I:I but i use to use it a while back and the police were there and they never bothered us as we done what we were told and didn't cross of the "Bridge" in to the quarry. but the bridge is actually damaged so no one is allowed over it as it might collapse and i don't fancy going swimming in a river lol

O ok your accent and way you word sh*t throws me off.lol

Yea maybe a 100 yrs ago swapping them around was the way to go but not these days.

Hell even my go cart tires are directional.

Sounds like fun bro remember to go prepared so that means spare plugs,tools,fuel,and so on.It also wont hurt to go over the quad with a fine tooth comb prior to going out so you dont have any issues.

Might sound odd coming from me but remember your helmet too been alot of wrecks and serious injuries here and in real life.

Be safe bro

You are very possibly correct!

I have never worried about the arrow, and I have been rotating tyres since rubber was invented, and never ruined a tyre yet.

But I suppose there is a first time for everything, but it has never happened to me.

But in the same breath, I will say that I never use the soft rotational setting on a hard surface.

O ok your accent and way you word sh*t throws me off.lol

Yea maybe a 100 yrs ago swapping them around was the way to go but not these days.

Hell even my go cart tires are directional.

Sounds like fun bro remember to go prepared so that means spare plugs,tools,fuel,and so on.It also wont hurt to go over the quad with a fine tooth comb prior to going out so you dont have any issues.

Might sound odd coming from me but remember your helmet too been alot of wrecks and serious injuries here and in real life.

Be safe bro

thanks dude :) yeah i takes tools etc with me and my lunch lol :D i ordered new kit about 1 month back so i still need to use it and iv also got the helmet to match its still actually in the box. lol but il try get a video when im out but won't be good quality as i need another go pro as i sold it to pay for parts for blaster haha. but il get some from ma mates phone :p im trying to get hold of another project to make some cash on. iv got a guy wanting regular work done on motocross bikes(2 strokes.) and il get cash there as well. but dunno how often but might be more than i think as guy buys and sells.