Engine Problems

Some folk bash it out while supporting the piston, but to me that is a bit risky.

I will try to explain how I do it..

Take a length of pipe slightly larger than the diameter of the wrist pin. About the same length as the piston is in diameter.

Take a long bolt that will fit through the pin, and grind the hex off so that it will fit inside the piston hole, upagainst the end of the pin.

Put the bolt through the wrist pin and place the pipe over it.

Fit a nut on the bolt, you may need to use a big washer to stop the nut going into the pipe.

Make sure that the hex is taken off enough that it will not foul the bearing on the way through.

Tighten the nut and pull the wrist pin through the piston into the pipe.

$25, Thank you!

You now have a new tool for the box, a wrist pin remover.

Can also be used in reverse as a wrist pin fitter.

Some folk bash it out while supporting the piston, but to me that is a bit risky.

I will try to explain how I do it..

Take a length of pipe slightly larger than the diameter of the wrist pin. About the same length as the piston is in diameter.

Take a long bolt that will fit through the pin, and grind the hex off so that it will fit inside the piston hole, upagainst the end of the pin.

Put the bolt thtough the wrist pin and place the pipe over it.

Fit a waher nut on the bolt, you may need to use a big washer to stop the nut going into the pipe.

Tighten the nut and pull the wrist pin through the piston into the pipe.

$25, Thank you!

You now have a new tool for the box, a wrist pin remover.
could you use a large deep well socket in place of a piece of pipe to start it? idk, im just throwing thing out that he might have infront of him...

Deep socket, tube spanner, spark plug socket, all will work.

As long as it is large enough for the end of the pin to pass through.

Dont use a bigger hammer, bearings and rods are too costly.

Even a bit of plastic conduit will work and not mark the piston.I:I

idc about the piston.... its garage now.... or maybe a dest ornament.... lol ive been collecting a bunch of 2 stoke engines to make some kind of sclupture wit the internals. just havent decided yet. so far i have 3 pistons, 2 cranks, 2 rods, and 2 clyinders.... idk what to do with them yet lol

I used a fine/light sand paper on mine, obviously you want to be very careful not to sand to much in one area and try to make contact with the gasket only. I ripped off small pieces of sand paper for a smaller dancing/surface area.

3M Roloc wheels work wonders on just about any kind of gasket surface, but I wouldn't use one in your case UNLESS you stuff the whole bottom end full of paper towels or rags first. Roloc discs make a mess of very fine particles when used, which will spell doom for your crank bearings unless you can keep them out.

I believe you can buy Scotch-Brite pads to use by hand. I'd go this route.

i auctally used the crush gasket. theres a little sharp end of it that fases the eaither the exhauset or intake, i forgot which. so i used that, and it took everything off, and dident scratch anything. then i just used regular gasoline to clean it up a little. worked perfectly!