engine boggs 3rd gear and up

ryguy21s22

Feb 11, 2014
michigan
i know the first things your gonna post so lets get that out of the way...pressure test, plug chop.. got it im more looking for the reasons is this a lean conditoin, tors, etc.

mods:
bored .020 over, vitos forged ported piston, stage 1 port and polish, dg pipe, fmf silncer, new uni air filter no air box lid, degree key, oil block off kit, boyseen duel stage reeds, replace left right crank seals, shift shaft seal, kick starter seal, high performance ingnition coil, ngk spark plugs new, dyno jet kit...i know there is a lot of critics on the dyno jet kit BUT again want to find the reasons for the bogging when im getting on it in higher gears starving for fuel? with the kit im running the needle middle slot 360 main jet. plug looked nice and brown no didnt plug chop but i can look and see the color on the porcylen. directions on the dyno jet kit says without a air box lid and a pipe to run the 360 with no other mods needle middle slot...

i unplugged the tors system every where i could that the problem? i figured if i unplug the electrical to it then it cant malfunction electronically....? wrong?

Are you sure on it being marked 360? That's why those jet kits are disliked, we have no clue what size it really is compared to Mikuni :confused:

When it boggs is it flat (like running out of gas), or is the motor blubbering (which would be rich)
Did you check/set float level? Check gas tank vent and flow from petcock, let it run at least amount of time it takes to get into third. Might just as well clean petcock to eliminate that.

Reactions: rich1
360 mj sounds a bit large for those mods. Proper plug chop would tell you more.
Older model blasters you could remove tors by disconnecting, the newer models need another mod, you must short it out, aparantly.

Check for constant fuel flow, float level, air leaks.

i know the first things your gonna post so lets get that out of the way...pressure test, plug chop.. got it im more looking for the reasons is this a lean conditoin, tors, etc.

You have said what I would have said.

Time to do the things that you have not done.

Could pay to check the float level.

Are you using the stock needle with the DG pipe, rumours have it the Dynojet needle is only good for cleaning the wax from your ears.

#310 jet should be ample for your mods.

Just gotta say it, leak test, set float level and idle then plug chop.

Chuck that Dynojet stuff out, only use genuine jets.

Last edited:
If you know what everybody is going to say then why not do the tests before posting. The tests are done to diagnose a problem.

Could it be the clutch slipping. You will notice that the clutch will start to slip in higher gears when it's going bad.

Do the tests and report back.