DIY 4 Degree Timing Advance (Pics)

how doyou figureout the 3 mm?

I was also worried about the 3mm.
So I just went to google images and you can down load a free degree wheel and then use your printer software to make it print the exact size you want.
I got it at Tavia Performance Specialty Automotive Tools and Hardware
Here's a pic of the one I used..................
IMG_4789.jpg

i have the puler, but you didn't answer my ????? do i need the holder, i will need to take a trip to 370's to get it if so, if not what do i use????

pleaz answer this guys, i need to know!!!! i am gonna do this soon when it warms upa little more, what would be the diff. between a +4 and a +5??

i have the puler, but you didn't answer my ????? do i need the holder, i will need to take a trip to 370's to get it if so, if not what do i use????

Sorry, I misunderstood.
You only need the holder if you don't have a 3/8 impact gun. I just use my air gun to zip the flywheel nut off and on. But if you are using hand tools and a torque wrench for reassembly, you will need the holder.
Air tools are your friend!

And I think 5 degrees is too much. I hear 4 degrees is the happy place.

question. i wanted to do this for a while and i was wondering how the puller is supposed to be set up. i have access to a large variety of tools, wondering what style of puller to use. anybody got a picture or something maybe?

the kind that screws into the fly wheel LEFT hand thread so lefty tighty and then u put in the senter another right threaded peice and u crank on that till it comes off i think its called an internal fly wheel puller

the puller isn't like a hub puller or somthin like that, it is like a screw on peice that you put a wrench on and put pressure on and it has like a pin or somthin that pops it off or somthin, idk its not the same as the pullers your talkin about.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI, this will make spark sooner or later i belive, not sure, either way, this mod will make ur atv rungs faster or accelerates sooner... depends

+7 is good and max, other then this u need a lot of mods and even so u lose power... still... +4 is best if u didnt mod ur cilinder....

cheers^^

PS: i liked the idea of use allen instead of X stock torns

u don't need to run race gas of high octane if u just do a plus 4, but anything like a plus 6 or 8 is too much for a stock engine, u might be able to get by with a plus 6 and 100 octne gas if u want a good boost