DirtBlaster03 Rebuild

DirtBlaster03

Jun 22, 2008
Georgia, USA
Just thought I'd start my own thread for my rebuild. I've posted a few pics in another section of the SCD a-arms that I'm installing. Other things I'll be doing: new chain and sprockets, new front brake lines, 3+3 axle, rewiring the entire machine and possibly a new stator is need be.

I'm going to do my best to really stick with this project this time. I'm not scheduled to deploy again until the end of next year, so as I get money for parts I'll be ordering and installing them. I'll post pics as I go so just comment and criticize at your leisure.

Sorry, you're right. Here's what we got so far... a rear shock and left front suspension.

image-2.jpg

I just rediscovered my Photobucket account so I'll try not to have all those tiny thunmbnail pics.

Halfway through putting the right side suspension on. Got my drinking buddy and shop hand back there. He's not really good for much but keepin the cats away.
image-4.jpg

Can't seem to get it right side up, sorry.

A view from the front after completion. Need some longer brake lines for sure.
image-5.jpg

And a look at the whole setup. Everything fit perfectly!
image-6.jpg

I used TRX250R front brake lines with my extended arms (which should be the same as 400ex). Not as nice looking as SS braided lines but much cheaper.

So I finally got enough scratch to get my "axle wrench" lol.

image-10.jpg

It took some work and ingenuity to get one of the hubs off, just another reason I need to invest in a vice!

image-7.jpg

I got the stock axle off and compared it to the Lone Star Banshee axle. Looks like I'm gonna gain about 5.5" overall when it's all said and done.

image-8.jpg

But it looks like the carrier bearings will need to be replaced. Its lookin pretty dry. I figure I might as well do it while I got the axle off.

image-9.jpg

It's coming along slowly, but I'm in the process of selling my old F150 so I should have some extra cash. Next up before I start putting it back together, extended front brake lines. Think I'll just go with the Tusk +2 SS braided.

Just made an order with rockymountainatvmc. Tusk SS brake lines, Tusk flywheel puller, Cometic complete gasket kit and some rear axle bearings. Got a new flywheel and stator from 007blaster and a wiring harness from wwholden. Looks like I'll really be able to make some progress by next week. I'll be sure to update with plenty of pics.

Here's an update. Got the Lone Star axle installed along with new carrier bearings. Also get the Tusk +2 front brake lines rigged, just need to add fluid and bleed them.

image-11_zpsf1a11d80.jpg

image-11_zps55a561d9.jpg

I'll need to use some zip ties to fasten everything in place.
image-11_zps751ecfa7.jpg

There is more than enough slack to do an extended stearing stem in the future.
image-11_zpse56d3248.jpg

Next up is rewiring everything. Starting out with a new stator and flywheel setup just so I can rule that out. Gonna get my hands on a new stock coil, cuz I haven't had it running since I added the Hotwire.

An unfortunate update to a build thread. If you haven't been to the For Sale section lately check it out. I'm parting out my build so if you need a particular part pm me or email me at nkester88@gmail.com.

I decided to have a mid life crisis about a decade early and traded my F150 in on a 2013 Mustang GT. all proceeds from blaster parts will probably wind up going into the blue beast now. Lol