Difficult or not?

UncagedShadow

Jun 6, 2010
H-Ville, Texas
So got the motor down to the trans gears. Gonna fully disasemble. I have the downloaded blaster manual. How difficult do you guys think this should be.

Attachments

• Photo0021.jpg
    Photo0021.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo0022.jpg
    Photo0022.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo0023.jpg
    Photo0023.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Photo0025.jpg
    Photo0025.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Photo0026.jpg
    Photo0026.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
take your time and keep things clean... you will get better at it the more times you do it. really not that hard though. watch kens vidio's it will help. be sure and use a crank puller to install the crank.

Reactions: UncagedShadow
Yes I will be ordering some more special tools for the rejoining. I am very mechanically inclined and am almost done with my automotive degree. I feel confident with my skills, all the pictures I took, and that downloadable blaster manual.

that washer is ment to keep the nut from accadentally coming off. one tab of the washer holds it to the clutch hub and then once the nut is tight you bend part of the washer to hold the nut in place. looks like someone has taken it off before. i bought new ones when i put mine together.

the washer is bent up to lock the nut and stop it from coming lose. it looks like someone was into it before and just reused the locking washer. it might be time for a new one. if you try to reuse it make sure your bang it flat again and see what you have to work with.

Oh it is gettin replaced. Im into this big. I am pretty much replacing everything in and on this motor with stock or high performance parts. This build started about 4 months ago and will probably not be done with for another year. And that is not counting what I plan on doing to the suspension, brakes, rims, tires, and swingarm.

2 strokes are a lot easier to work on then 4 strokes. You will need a few special tools for splitting cases and removing the flywheel but not to many. Take your time and follow the manual and you will be riding soon. Nothing like getting to know your machine by tearing it apart and putting it back together.
GOOD LUCK.

One year? Join the club, I tore mine down late fall of 09 and almost have it done. Matter of having the time and the green backs to do it.

Ya mine will probably take as long as your build did. My mind set says do evrything right the first time. I am not one of those people that changes one part here then a month later does the next. This is my dream build. When everyone switched to 4 jokes I stayed true to the 2 stoke family. When everyone laughed at me for having a blaster I still stayed true to the BLASTERFAMILY. I see us as almost a dying breed.

Ok so I have bent the washer back where the nut should be free to be loosend. I have the clutch assembly held tight. But ZI cannot for the life of me get that motherf***** to budge. Any Ideas? Impact maybe?

An impact might work. But you may need to make a tool to hold everything still. If worse comes to worse. a trick I have used several times before with success is to put the jug and piston back on it then rotate the crank till the piston is all the way down (BDC) and then feed a length of rope down the spark plug hole till it fills the cylinder and the piston cant move. That will hold the crank still and let you get at that nut with a breaker bar.

If you don't have an impact you can use a rag or a penny between the gears. Might want to heat it slightly incase P.O. used red locktite. Get a new locking washer, that one looks used up.

I am using a rag between all the gears and the crank and I still cannot get that nut off. Guess impact it will be.

I just have to bend that washer back to get the nut off right?

ya you should use an impact. after you get it off, make sure to inspect the thread of the nut and shaft.