Diesels

spittflamz

May 9, 2009
jersey shore
www.myspace.com
hey guys
i havent come across this on here but anyone like diesel engines?
anyone got diesel trucks? f350, ram, etc...
i love diesel engines
ive been around diesels since i was in 3rd grade. changin oil filters and little stuff. ive always loved the cummins engines. i can be out on the road and tell by the sound, if an engine is a cummins, powerstroke, detroit, etc...
so im a sophomore in high school and next year i can go to vocational. so i applied for diesel mechanics and i went to open house and after everyone left, i stayed like an hour after everyone else just bullshittin and i loved the professor. and the next week what do i get? a letter from the voc saying i got accepted next year! im actually pumped to go to school! haha so i figured id make an 'official diesel forum'I:I

Yeah I'm going to a vocational school next year too, but I choosed auto for my first, then electrical, then metal fab I think? But I'll probably get auto, I love cars, trucks, everything. I want a first gen cummins in my dodge, but you can't always get what you wan't.

I like the twelve valve cummins first gens, 7.3 international powerstrokes, 6.0 powerstrokes. Sexy. I don't like the sh*tty duramax motors though.

haha a duramax isnt sh*tty... i can tell too though wether its a powerstroke cummins ect.. love my dads 3500 duramax

My work truck is a big red '06 F250 4x4 with the 6.0. It does alright considering the hell I put it through, but damn it sounds like a tractor and you can hear it from a mile away. In the winter, my neighbors just love how I let it warm up for a few minutes in the early morning. :p

yea my dads duramax has a edge juice programmer 5in exhaust k&n intake runs good i love it

Wow! I didnt think there would be this many posters! Lol the cummins have always been my favorite an powerstrokes right behind em! The strokers last forever. One of our work trucks is a 97 f250 with 221k miles and still runs like a champ

I like the twelve valve cummins first gens, 7.3 international powerstrokes, 6.0 powerstrokes. Sexy. I don't like the sh*tty duramax motors though.

sh*tty duramax engines? duramax is more reliable than a powerstroke all day long, oil pans on powerstrokes have been rotting for 15 years and still rotting on the new trucks.....dont talk sh*t just to talk sh*t 6.6l duramax engine is by far a great engine

Gotta love a good diesel engine. Drive a diesel at work. Nice big c4500 but its weighed down pretty good. Governed at about 97mpg or so which I have hit a time or three.

Its an ambulance ;)

im actually international certified to do any repair or overhaul on the 6 liter stroke and let me tell you the are garbage they had like 10 recalls the first week of being released now i work at a gm dealer and im also fully certified in gm 6.6 and isuzu 5.2 4.8 and 7.8 engines and the 6.6 duramax is by far the quietest and most reliable medium duty diesel i have ever worked on and ive worked on just about all of them

Gotta love a good diesel engine. Drive a diesel at work. Nice big c4500 but its weighed down pretty good. Governed at about 97mpg or so which I have hit a time or three.

Its an ambulance ;)

Niceee i work at royal wirless here in southriver nj and we do radios, gps, tracking, surveillance systems, computers and other stuff and ive been up on hosptal roofs and ive installed cdm1250s in more than a handful if ambulances and tracking in towtrucks and big cement trucks and in the ambulances they got strokers and theres always somebody workin on em haha

The Cummins 359 is the only full cast motor. The Powerstroke has Aluminum heads and the Duramax is all Aluminum. I talked to a guy with a 90's Cummins 5spd. converted to a dually and he has 250,000 on the stock clutch and he pulled 15 horses all the time. He now has over 300K with the clutch changed once and the motor was never touched.

At the truck pulls the Dodge Cummins guys have the disadvantage because the Dodge auto's aren't very good they have to run sticks but still can almost run with the chevy's. The chevy duramax guys run the allison autos which are much better than the Dodge and Ford trannys. I can't wait for the pulls this year.

sh*tty duramax engines? duramax is more reliable than a powerstroke all day long, oil pans on powerstrokes have been rotting for 15 years and still rotting on the new trucks.....dont talk sh*t just to talk sh*t 6.6l duramax engine is by far a great engine

Nope, powerstrokes. Isuzu can suckonmahhbawls:eek:

powerstrokes don't have aluminum heads they are cast and the duramax isn't all aluminum its a cast block with aluminum heads and the only decent powerstroke was the 7.3 and belive me the 5.9 cummins is the best engine for modding and geting insane torque and horsepower out of

all i know is a ford sucks ass look at all the problems.. my dad has 200k miles on his 02 duramax and it runs like a champ...

i love diesels i almost bought aa 89 k5 blazer millitary truck just because it had the 6.2 detroit, i know it's not the best engine but it would have been a good off roading truck because of the low end torque and the axles and trans being millitary spec. i've been wanting to swap a 4BT cummins into my S10, basiclly a 5.9 cummins with 2 cylinders cut off, i've seen people putting out over 850 hp on motor alone and over a thousand with spray in a 4cyl. all i would want would be like 350lb ft and with that in my little truck 30 mpg with that power should be that hard to achive.

That would be badass. Hey 6.0 fords had 300 hp stock, thats not bad for a diesel. 5.9 cummins got the best of both worlds, easy modding, big numbers, and longevity. 7.3 internationals are nice too, you know what they say about biggness. The bigger the better, the more ci, the higher the numbers.

drive two fords at work with the 7.3.only thing weve had to change in two years is the starters brakes torque converter on one and upgraded rear leaf springs since we haul pretty heavy machinery with them. oh yeah they both have over 200,000 miles still running strong as ever.