died and wont start

wireman725

Jul 5, 2010
Indiana
Im a newby so any advise would he awsome. After riding a few hours with a group of guys one machine broak down and had to get a tow. So it was a slow ride back 1st and 2nd gear all the way back. When we got back to the truck I took the blasty down the road to get it cleaned out, when I hit 4th gear t died full throttle. It want to fire but won't start or run anyone have any ideals?

Did you put the fuel petcock on reserve? (pointed straight up) Sounds like you may be running out of gas?

yeah, check spark,< new plug, fuel flow, compression and reeds for broken/chipped and report back

The carb bowl was full. Let it set for couple of hours still wouldn't start. Don't think it wad over heated, we would ride 5, 10 min then stop for 10, 15. Thanks ill replace plug if it don't start ill check reeds. It also will not idle ,dies every time.

The carb bowl was full. Let it set for couple of hours still wouldn't start. Don't think it wad over heated, we would ride 5, 10 min then stop for 10, 15. Thanks ill replace plug if it don't start ill check reeds. It also will not idle ,dies every time.

thought it wasnt starting?????:-/

replace the plug, mine did the same thing except i wasnt pulling anyone. I was just going down the rode and it quit, come to fnd out it over heated and fowled out the plug. Also do you have any mods done to it because it might need carb work (jets or just a good clean go through), thats also what i had to do with mine.

It doesn't sound like you've checked the spark yet. It can fire once just from compression. Take out the plug, put in in the plug boot and hold against a ground (motor works ok) whilt someone kicks it over. Should have steady sparking.

Also check those reeds. On your next post report back what you've done. Saves repetition.