Dg pipe haters...why do you hate? I'll take it off your hands for free!

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
Everybody says that the DG Pipe and silencer sucks. I would like to know why,and the testing you have done,and the comparisons you have made using this pipe.
Was it on a well running,properly tuned, and jetted engine? Or... Did you bolt it on a worn out,low compression engine and jet it improperly with a filthy air filter and nine month old fuel in the tank?

I get burned out reading statements that say the "DG pipe sucks",but have no valid reason or explanation what so ever to explain "why". There are lots of good pipes out there. They are all a "Fulcrum" for the power band,to put the power in the rpm range you are looking for.

So why does your "DG Pipe" suck???

Also... If you have one you want to get rid of because it "sucks",let me know... I'll take it off your hands for FREE! Let me know.

Great Post Joe , I Hear Allot of people Bashing the DG and I see Allot of people Actually Give There Honest Opinion , I have An Older DG head Pipe with No DG Tag on it and an Older Type 2 Silencer , I Can't Wait to Compare it To Stock And See The Difference Myself !

I have have a fair swath of pipes, engine combo's, head designs, and compression ratios.

I have a DG pipe and type II silencer sitting out on a trail blaster at my house right now. The DG pipe has a restrictive headpipe and divergent section and a long tuned length.

This tends to make a pipe come on earlier but switch off earlier as well. That pipe runs well enough but if you want to tune for a higher rpm engine, it won't allow the flow or revs to climb like other pipes can.

People assume that because "high hp" builds don't use DG pipes that "they suck". This is a ill-guided belief when in reality there are applications where a DG pipe can run great.

One is the engine/carb/portwork/tire combo I have that one on. I am running a stock stroke stock bore engine with a low duration high area portjob with a wide band squish head on a stock carburetor. On the back you will find 22" GBC Dirt devils. That combination makes for about the best "trail" blaster you could hope for. It has tons of torque and good, clean mid revs (low speed WHEELIE MONSTER!). HOWEVER, in a flat out race, it can't cut the mustard because you can't just let the revs climb and keep pulling. It's setup for exactly what it is, a trail bike.

This fosters the image that a DG pipe "just sucks" instead of realizing that it has an application.

i have a gd pipe on my blaster with a 270 main jet and air lid off and im not complaining i just want more hp

I had a thread like this awhile back after reading the "D-don't G-et" one time too many that day. On my stock 01, the DG has better top end than a Fatty and I like it better. I'd rather have a Pro Circuit or Toomey than the DG. I think the fact that DG didn't put a pipe in the shoot out years ago and people assuming it was because DG knew they were lacking that has earned the reputation (and people Stating what they have read from others who were making assumptions.

we used a DG pipe on this bike i built for a friend.
7650-i-helped-buddie-build-bike-pile-miss-matched-parts-brand-new-wisco-crank-piston-bearings-seals-gaskets-damn-near-mint.jpg

The motor was "refreshed" with a brand new crank/bearings/seal and piston on new bore (No port job at all). The motor was built bone stock as to owner didnt want to have any "problems". we used the dg pipe and silencer with a uni filter and i think it ended up with a 250 main jet.

The bike worked good, Noticeable grunt down low and through the mid range. I lined up with him acouple times with my blaster with the mods in my sigvvv. I was quite sapprised as to how good the light "Dont Go" pipe worked. Seemed to pull that bone stock motor well with my bike.

I've ridden a blaster with a dg pipe and silencer, then i swaped it to a bills pipe with the dg silencer still on. huge difference. really picked up a few ponies in the full rpm range in my book.

I went from DG fattie and silencer to a Toomey B1 exaust system and the power band diffrence was tremendous. my bike has its DG on in my sig pic