Dakotademon7's build gone addictive

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
I know it's late to start this but better late then never. I have slot to rite about so I will be adding post on a daily bases. The main thing I'm doing rite now is pAinting. I got it all apart. I'm doing the sanding on the frame now and saying to myself, what the he'll was I thinking. Lol. Wish I had the money to go get it powder coated but don't want to pay the $250 to have it done. The main things I got for it lately is some black our grips,red with black flames shock covers,used braided front brake line and the best on all is the awk08 gsxr brakes. I have had this blaster for about a year now and never rode it yet. It been all about upgrades. I blame blasterforum for getting this mod sickness. Lol. My next post will list all upgrades I have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
awww sheeeeet another member falls ill..... I:I, sounds great man and i hear ya on the sanding /priming crap but its all worth it. you can get great results from a can you just need to do alot of prepwork and take your time.i put 3 coats primer, 3 coats paint and 3 coats of wax when i did mine and my rattle can frame is holding up great. u need to get some pics, you will regret it if you dont, it will be awesome for you to look back at the pics of the stripped frame then look at the finished machine and be proud of what you did. i'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure I:I I:I

That's the hard part is the sanding. I don't wNt to do it halfed ass and wast my time doing it to end up looking like crap. I'm not taking any short cuts on the prep. I hope I have the time to get it done before it gets to cold to paint. I'm doing the body in black and the frame in red with some black painted parts to help break up all the red. I think I'm going to do the rims black with a red lip from the groove out. Oh. Doing the bars red.

yeah you need to take a sh*t ton of pictures , I have my camera in the garage everytime I am out there . My plan is to still get a spare frame and strip it bare , weld on gussets then paint it . Nothing better than a full on custom build . except having the history of it . That way at shows and at the campground if someone asks about my blasty I can hand them the album and they can see for themselves . Before and After is cool , but the inbetween is the dream .

The Start
9ec20331.jpg

Who knows how far it will go?

" Down with the Sickness "

Do the right thing and get it powdercoated. You wont regret it. My frame cost $350 to get powdercoated on the raptor and I dont regret it one bit!

Do the right thing and get it powdercoated. You wont regret it. My frame cost $350 to get powdercoated on the raptor and I dont regret it one bit!

I'm just going with paint on this frame I have a dent in the frame on the front so later I'll get another frame and have that one powder coAted. I have to look into it but I would love to get the frame chromed and clear powder coated so it won't rust.

dude, throw that sandpaper in the garbage, or at least use it to scratch your ass, i did mine, and it sucked royally, on my sons i bought 2 cans of paint remover, used one, left it sit for about 20 minutes and the sh*t just pressure washed right off, used the second can to get in the tight spots and a few that didnt come off the first try,
total...... $16, and about 2 hours, saving all that elbow grease....priceless !!!!!
and you know the rules....pics or your lying, hahahaaaaaa

Last edited:
I'll have to look around and see who does it and how much. I only checked one place. Maybe I'll find a cheaper place. I'm still going with paint for now. I'll get another frame and powder coat that one.

I'll have to look around and see who does it and how much. I only checked one place. Maybe I'll find a cheaper place. I'm still going with paint for now. I'll get another frame and powder coat that one.

Powder coating is cheaper if you do the sandblasting and the hard stuff where all they have to do is coat and bake.

dude, throw that sandpaper in the garbage, or at least use it to scratch your ass, i did mine, and it sucked royally, on my sons i bought 2 cans of paint remover, used one, left it sit for about 20 minutes and the sh*t just pressure washed right off, used the second can to get in the tight spots and a few that didnt come off the first try,
total...... $16, and about 2 hours, saving all that elbow grease....priceless !!!!!
and you know the rules....pics or your lying, hahahaaaaaa

just another stroke of genius by awk.... i know what ill be doing when i take my frame off!!!

Ok. This is a updated list of stuff that's not in my sig yet. Got the gsxr rear brake with awks brakets. Norman420 spindles with banshee brakes. Braid front brake line. Black oury grips.

Pics of what? Blaster parts laying all around my garage. Lol. The only thing I got finished is my bars and one side a arms. I'll post a pics on my shock covers and the painted parts.