crank side to side play?

trble

Mar 24, 2011
sunbury pa.
ok ive always heard a little side to side is ok but what are the limits? my crank has no up and down play but has about an 1/8 either way i dont see how it would be a problem but am curious what others would say

thanks again for all the help

side to side play of the rod on the crank is 20 - 28 thousandths (.020-.028)
push it to one side and use a feeler gauge to measure whats left
and the thrust washers should not be showing any copper color

ok i should be good now that i have a number i was referring to the top of the rod in my first measurement but with the feeler gauge i was only at 024 and no copper. i was thinking it would be one more thing with this engine, i think it has been my worst craigslist deal to date 125 for a motor that was cl perfect only needed bored. yeah right it was over its last bore by .050 and then the bottom end had a counter balance gear trashed with the metal to the gear laying on the bottom of the clutch cover.

oh one more thing the dowel on the base for the cylinder are they a must have i only have one on it now and could order it no problem but was wondering if it was needed

again thanks for all the help

thanks again

Yeah, when I rebuilt my top end I noticed I have slight movement side to side on my crank too, but up and down is nodda, so I asked, and was told same thing. Im not worried about mine.