counter balancer shaft!!

mr.brandon

Jan 30, 2013
I have a smale whole inside my casing where my counter balancer shaft goes the whole is probably the size of a #2 pencile it allows oil to flow,in where my crank and piston is will that make my blaster act slugish when i go to,ride?and it smokes like hell (white smoke)but when it in nuetral n i hit gas it doea fine it only boggs down whwn i go to ride but right before,it ran out of gas,it started runnin perfect put gas in and it started doin it again

in your other thread you say

"i patched the whole (hole)"

and

"i did check for leaks i dont have none anywhere"

The reason i did rebuild is i busted a whole in the casing and busted my gears i just patched the whole but had to replace the grars i did check for leaks i dont have none anywhere

so, did you "patch the hole" or not ?
how did you test for leaks ?
if there is still a "whole" then you do have a leak.

sounds to me like you need a new case half to replace the busted one, and complete bottom end rebuild, possibly by a professional ?

DO NOT RUN THAT ENGINE AGAIN UNTIL THE OBVIOUS LEAK BETWEEN THE TRANSMISSION AND CRANKCASE IS REPAIRED AND PROVEN LEAKPROOF

Last edited:
Took a spray bottle and sprayed everywhere its not leaking and i did patch the whole on the bottom of casing! The whole im talkin about is on the inside where the two meet at the counter balancer shaft is i guess it was rubbing or hitting a chipped apiece off befor i rebuilt it but didnt think that would hurt it

did you pressurize then engine with a leakdown tester before spraying with soapy water ?

how to leakdown test......
How To Perform a Leak Down Test - YouTube

if there is any broken/holes into the crankcase, it will leak, suck air, and go boom.
it must be fixed properly..either patched with epoxy or welded, then lap sanded for an airtight seal, then leakdown tested

If that engine is run with an air leak you will wreck it pretty damn quickly, the hole needs to be TIG welded by a shop for peace of mind as i wouldn't trust this jb weld for something as critical as this.

I have a smale whole inside my casing where my counter balancer shaft goes the whole is probably the size of a #2 pencile it allows oil to flow,in where my crank and piston is will that make my blaster act slugish when i go to,ride?and it smokes like hell (white smoke)but when it in nuetral n i hit gas it doea fine it only boggs down whwn i go to ride but right before,it ran out of gas,it started runnin perfect put gas in and it started doin it again

This is not possible.

You state you are shipping oil into the crankcase.

If oil is going through air must be going through too, which will cause a lean mixture.

Running out of gas causes a very lean mixture, add that to the already lean mix you have from the hole and you have a mix that runs leaner and you say it runs perfect.

Either you are talking out of the top of your head, or you have a carby that is badly flooding or jetted way to large.

Fix the hole, not the "whole" in the case, leak test and report back.

If I have failed to understand what you are saying, I apologise, but the way you explain things is confusing, and the punctiation is far from ideal.

Sorry im on a cell phone the problem is im getting to much oil in where my crank rod is my plug is soaked but has no smell of gas just oil i have a small hole inside the casing where the counter balancer shaft walls meet together right above the crank! Sorry i couldnt explain better it does fine when its idling or when i just rev it but when i ride it boggs and doesnt have power for long there is to much oil getting through but im having it fixed thanks

I know its getting to much cause its spitting alittle bit out the back of the pipe and drips out the hose im pullin it off as we speak and going to fix it ill post some pics

If oil is getting in then of course the plug will be oily.

The reason that the plug smells not of gas is possibly that it is not getting enough because of an air leak through the hole where the oil is getting in.

Get that hole fixed pronto, do not ride because if you do, you will be doing a complete rebuild, very, very soon.

I know just done a complete rebuild pretty much but didnt think it would hurt cause the hole isnt big but i guess it does matter lol sorry i couldnt explain better have another question is it better with out da tores system (box thing above carb)or with it ?my buddies blaster doesnt have itand his is alittle faster

TORS does nothing for speed or performance, but removing it can make the bike less likely to leave you way out in the woods to be eaten by a bear.

The TORS can be problematic, thats why folks remove them.

Ok i didnt know thats why i asked! How can i remove it and how would you make quad idke with out,it