Blaster blues

Paul EME

Jun 24, 2019
So I rebuilt my blaster top end and had to get in the bottom a little. During break in everything was going great then in the second ride after warming it up it started missing and sputtering horrible and now will barely fire. Changed the spark plug boot and did a leak down test. It held 8lbs for 8 minutes and is still going. It has only dropped 0.2 lbs. I ohmed all the coils and they are within spec. Where do I go next?

So I rebuilt my blaster top end and had to get in the bottom a little. During break in everything was going great then in the second ride after warming it up it started missing and sputtering horrible and now will barely fire. Changed the spark plug boot and did a leak down test. It held 8lbs for 8 minutes and is still going. It has only dropped 0.2 lbs. I ohmed all the coils and they are within spec. Where do I go next?
Pull the carb and check reeds. Shine a flash light. In there and see if the reeds are sealing tight on the tips. No cracks or pieces missing?Carb flooding? Did you have flywheel off?
What did the spark plug look like when you changed it?

Pull the carb and check reeds. Shine a flash light. In there and see if the reeds are sealing tight on the tips. No cracks or pieces missing?Carb flooding? Did you have flywheel off?
What did the spark plug look like when you changed it?
The plug is black and my crankcase oil is low. I think I have a bad crank seal. I have some new ones on the way.

The plug is black and my crankcase oil is low. I think I have a bad crank seal. I have some new ones on the way.
Did you have alot of smoke out of the pipe?
You said it held on the leakdown test?
Retest before disassembly
Test at 6psi. To high of a test pressure can create a leak.