coil difference?

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
The blaster has been acting a lil funny so i did some research and talked to some people on here and i believe its a coil well i got a coil (used) and its black unlike the one on my bike. Also my old one has a orange wire coming out of it this one just has a plug on the back should i just hook the orange wire to that and ground it? i can get pic if needed.

yup...mount it hook it up to your plug hook the orange wire up to the outher orange wire off your harness and if it has a ground wire then ground it to the mounting screw. if it dont have a ground wire then your all set

wait a min this newer coil dosent have a orange wire???? im pretty sure it wont work if it dosent have a orange wire. "this just hit me"

Orange is only a color, don't matter as long a you can figure which is the positive side . Clean the mount to bare metal, maybe give it a blob of di-electric grease.

Yeah, just run your orange wire to the spade connector. Hell, if your old coil is bad and you know it, cut the quick connect off it, heat shrink and solder it to a standard spade connector and make it plug and play.

But yeah, it just appears it connects right there. It also looks pretty cheap too. Hopefully it lasts.