clutch probs

rgpannell

Jan 1, 2010
Northeast Mississippi.
my clutch does nothing lol I know its all put together right push lever in correct, clutch assymbled right got 2 push rods and the steel ball. But its like it has no pressure and when I pull it it makes no change. The torsion spring on the push lever is broke but a couple weeks ago a guy told me on here that the clutch spings would push the lever back. Is this true if so How do I know if the clutch is adjusted correctly?

there is a mark on the case that will line up with a mark on the push lever....im thinkin your gunna need that spring too

ok thats my problem the spot on the case that holds my spring is broke It was like that when I bought it like something hit the side of the case or something.

Happens to alot of blasters. My current motor has that ^ broken off. Ill just get some JB weld and mold a little "clip" to hold the spring like the casing.

jb weld is antique sh*t, get yourself some quiksteel

clutch adjustment by awk..........here we go again, lucky im just copy and pastin this............... it took me 4 or 5 times to get this right, very frustrating, do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment, open her up, again!!!, loosen the locknut and screw, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket) then where the cable connects to the motor lever,theres a notch that lines up, look on the engine lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here, then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch, then i think i read somewhere to back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster, then reconnect the cable to the hand lever, and adjust your slack i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in,to see if the wheels spun free, or if there was engine lag as i released it, before i put it all back together

awk man u r the best lol Thanks for the tip on quick steel and definatly the directions on how to adjust the clutch I got it running if I can get it to idle and get that clutch adjusted I'll be ready for them brakes. rep headed your way for sure!

no prob man, but..........
Electricians wire buildings, Linemen wire cities, but electricians also fix blasters, hahahahaaa

JB weld FTW I have a left side case I will sell if you can't get it fixed.Electrician not magician.lol