Clutch basket replacement

Tinman

Aug 23, 2013
Virginia
So I was diving into rebuilding my engine and I'm trying to keep it cheap. Well long story short, I broke the clutch basket X( Now I'm looking at a tusk clutch removal tool and a new basket, but I cant find just a basket. I dont need a gear for it and these things seem really expensive, as a kit. I hope y'all can help cause I'd like to ride this thing and not break the bank. :(

Thanks,
Tin

ya it is in really good condition I beleave it came off of a 01 it doesent hardly have any grooves on the sides of it and id like to get 50 for it

ya it is in really good condition I beleave it came off of a 01 it doesent hardly have any grooves on the sides of it and id like to get 50 for it

do you have any pics I'd be interested in it.

I'd like to get the clutch off and i dont feel like waiting for my tool to come in.
so the plan was to wrap a strap around it and wrap that around a post. My dad and I worked at it for about 30 min, and we're no weaklings :p We couldnt get that nut to budge. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tin

do you have any pics I'd be interested in it.

I'd like to get the clutch off and i dont feel like waiting for my tool to come in.
so the plan was to wrap a strap around it and wrap that around a post. My dad and I worked at it for about 30 min, and we're no weaklings :p We couldnt get that nut to budge. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tin

I always use an impact gun while holding the basket with a rag.

No I think tusk makes a tool for it but you can make your own with a spare pressure plate and a couple of bolts welded yo it

I have the tool coming, just wanted to tear it apart before it gets here(really really wanting to ride this thing :D ) do y'all have any suggestions on what I should replace when I get this tore apart, money is a factor. :-[