Stock Clutch Basket with Aftermarket Plates

Kos92

Jul 23, 2007
Massachusetts
Hi Everyone,

I have a Barnett Dirt Digger clutch that I'm finally installing after all these years. I took a look at my clutch basket and it needs to be replaced. Will a replacement OEM basket be sufficient? I'm not so sure I want to mess with drilling rivets to install a different aftermarket brand.

Thanks

Thank you. I picked up these products and removed the residue. I installed my clutch plates but I think I may have damaged something. Perhaps you might have an idea what is going on.

I had to screw the push rod into the center of the pressure plate all the way in to get the correct adjustment for the clutch arm. It's almost impossible for the washer and bolt to secure the rod in place now. On top of that, the clutch is not disengaging well when I pull in the lever at the handlebars.

Any ideas? I've seen the write up on here and videos but nothing about what might be causing this.

Thanks

The cable must be totally slack to adjust center. Is the ball in there? Did you go by the instructions in the manual?

Thanks. I figured out that the ball bearing was missing. I ordered a new one and now that issue is resolved. Only issue I'm having now is that the quad doesn't want to shift into 2nd and beyond.

I installed the spring washer and everything correctly. Could it be that the quad has to be warmed up with the clutch cover filled with oil?