changed exhaust now boggs down and cuts out...please help

Can you post a pic of your carb? Since the oil injection is off I want to make sure you have the little hole on the carb blocked off.

Can you post a pic of your carb? Since the oil injection is off I want to make sure you have the little hole on the carb blocked off.

I was try to figure out which hole it was...dont have carb with me it is at uncles with the rest of it...will when i go back to rebuild

on the right side of carb,or same side as your rear brake lol pay no attention to the hose clamps on there,i just found this pic for you :)

CarbPlug004.jpg

on the right side of carb,or same side as your rear brake lol pay no attention to the hose clamps on there,i just found this pic for you :)

View attachment 10874
Things that you can live without for now:
Transmission
shift drum
shift forks
everything else in the right side, minus clutch components
electrical system
flywheel
all studs (unless they were over-torqued)

Things that need to be replaced:
Piston
Rings
all gaskets
all bearings
all seals

Things that you should send to be repaired:
Cylinder
Head
Crank

Things that you should check:
Reeds
clutch plates, discs, basket, etc.
tank cleanliness
oil injection pump if you plan to retain it

Things that you should buy:
UNI filter
main jets 260-300, maybe even up to 330
carb rebuild kit
8-10 plugs B8ES or BR8ES, makes no difference

In the end, you'll have an engine that performs much better than new and will be just as reliable. I'd set my budget for around a grand to make sure that everything is taken care of. You can do everything for under a grand if you're careful and lucky. I've done a complete overhaul (minus crank repairs), heat cycles, break in, and jetting in 3 days. That did include some planning and help from a friend, but it is achievable.

There are few better things in this world than having all the parts you need in front of you for an engine build and going through with it. Having the same engine running 4 years down the road brings about a nice grin. Be patient and be vigilant and you'll have a good machine.[/QUOTE.
Ok if i want to go b
Go to the top of the class!
Go to the top of the class!
If i want it. To be as fast as can be on pump gas how would you do the rebuild

Add flat track, MX to the list.

Where do you plan to ride, highway, woods, sand, mud ect, different horses for different courses?

I'd do a big-bore stroker, ported, head cut (for your choice of pump, racegas, or methanol), midrange/top end pipe, 32mm carb, UNI pod filter with a custom shield acting as an airbox. Add the timing adjustment in there as well so that you can tune to whatever the builder tells you to. KOR has experience with these. IIRC, he was working on a 6mil at one time.

If a re-chambered, ported Blaster with a filter and a pipe can make 28hp, I'd imagine that the above setup would be bringing in over 40, maybe even close to 50 with exotic fuel and a head to match.

NOTE - I didn't list jetting because jetting isn't a modification. It is something that should be described as "accurate", not "upgraded."

What kind of powerband do you want? Just because you ride trails doesn't mean that a trail port will suit you best. Some people just do better with an engine that they prefer.

Blaaster, my signature update is in a joking manner. Is it okay if I leave it and pick at you a bit? lol

If i want it. To be as fast as can be on pump gas how would you do the rebuild, Thursday at 1:45 AM

Well no seals til monday...hope to post results by middle of week Sunday at 8:30 PM

Gonna start engine tomorrow. ..ive been running 32:1 mix so should i change it or keep tha same Today (Tuesday) at 12:16 AM

Thanks..will post results tonight im hoping Today (Tuesday) at 7:41 AM

One of 4 things is going to happen here.

1. You do an improper rebuild and come back wondering why it failed.
2. You do an improper rebuild and tell everyone that it was our fault for giving you incorrect information.
3. You stop and go back and do a proper rebuild.
4. You abandon the project.

There is a best option among those 4. (HINT: It's isn't option 1, 2, or 4)

From "how to do the rebuild" to "it's almost complete" in 3 business days. That has to be an A+ for parts delivery. Especially considering that you only mentioned a time for receiving seals and not things like Yamabond, gaskets, crank servicing, boring, piston, flywheel puller, etc. I assume that you didn't mention those things because they were all shipped next day and the seals didn't make it at the same time as the other parts, which is why only the seals were mentioned. Did your "machinist" clean the bearings?

It just doesn't add up. Most people doing these kind of builds ask how to get the cases apart or what to seal the case surfaces back together with. You've skipped from "how to build it" to "do I do what the jet kit says?" Under most circumstances, I'd like to give you a thumbs up. However, people that generally skip questions like those are people that research. I'm not sure why you would have researched some of the least commonly asked questions and not have researched how to jet your carb. I know you didn't research the last one because I know for a fact that you would have stumbled upon something that said, "DO NOT USE A JET KIT, ASSEMBLE YOUR OWN."

We would truthfully really like to see you succeed, but it doesn't actually affect us if you fail. Another way of putting that is this: We'd be more than happy to give you every bit of information that you could ever ask for, but we're going to be riding no matter your outcome. If you have access to this site, failure is on you.

Awaiting build pics.