changed exhaust now boggs down and cuts out...please help

this thread is huge i cant remember it all lol.Did you do a compression test? probably not right,will your blaster rev up fully when parked still?and not when your riding?How is your carb adjusted,air box?
Answer all please:)

Now is the time to plug chop the main and adjust the jets in relation to the smoke ring colour.

It may pay to put a #310 main in there before you chop to be on the safe side!

this thread is huge i cant remember it all lol.Did you do a compression test? probably not right,will your blaster rev up fully when parked still?and not when your riding?How is your carb adjusted,air box?
Answer all please:)
Compression test was good didnt rev good at first...carb has 300 main 35 pilot needle in middle mixture 1 1/2 out...airbox with lid on snorkel off still bogged at WOT..took airbox lid off and it runs like a raped ape

Taking off the air box lid and it running better suggests that it is too rich on the main.

Do a plug chop and post up a pic of the plug for a look at.

Why do you use a 35 pilot.

Is the float level stet right.

Now is the time to plug chop the main and adjust the jets in relation to the smoke ring colour.

It may pay to put a #310 main in there before you chop to be on the safe side!
Taking off the air box lid and it running better suggests that it is too rich on the main.

Do a plug chop and post up a pic of the plug for a look at.

Why do you use a 35 pilot.

Is the float level stet right.
Ok... gonna plug chop tomorrow. I used e5 pilot bcuz pro circuit jet specs said to use 35 n i didnt know so thats wat i went with..float level is correct

when i had fmf i had no problem with airbox lid on in stock form,when i had toomey exhaust i had to put breather plugs in the lid,and or take lid off.If you are to rich then i bet that it would run just fine with the stock pilot jet and main jet you will have to figure out with plug chops,but i would try leaving lid off or putting breather plugs in it.
Of course when you mess with the afr you need to compensate with the correct main jet :)

Last edited:
Too rich with the lid on......

Float level incorrect.

Dirty air cleaner.

Incorrect needle setting.

Incorrect main jet.

Leaky needle and seat causing flooding.

Restriction in intake tract.

Idle incorrectly set.

Incorrect pre mix ratio.
Sock in intake.

Wind blowing air away from the intake.

All below the dotted line typed in jest, but claimed a problem by certain folks.

Last edited: